Heat Visit Stars Tonight at ShoWare
Tacoma, WA. - The Tacoma Stars (5-7), fresh off a win over previously unbeaten Monterrey, are set to welcome MASL Eastern Conference foe Harrisburg Heat (8-4) to the accesso ShoWare Center Friday Night. This is the first ever meeting between the two clubs and the only time they will face off this season. The Heat are coming off a four-game homestand which saw the team win three of those matches.
Harrisburg has six players who are having 10+ point production years led by Dominic Francis' 24 points (21G-3A). Leading the team in assists with 12 and second in scoring is Daniel Villela (6G-12A). Jerjer Gibson (7G-9A), Elton de Oliveira (8G-3A), Dylan Hundelt (8G-2A), and Danny DiPrima (3G-7A) round out the Heat's top producers.
Goalkeeping duties for Harrisburg have been split evenly between William Banahene and Jesus Molina who have each started six games. The statistical edge goes to Banahene with a 5-1 record, 3.61 goals-against-average, and .765 save percentage to Molina's 3-3, 5.09, and .632, respectively.
For Tacoma, Danny Waltman remains the only keeper to log playing time this season and brings a 5-7 record, 6.14 GAA, and .640 save percentage into the match. At the half-way point of Tacoma's season, they are led offensively by Nick Perera and his 30 points (14G-16A). Mike Ramos leads the team in goals scored (16) and is second on the squad in scoring with 23 points. Alex Caceres, who is third in the league in power play goals with 4, is also third in scoring for Tacoma with 17 points (8G-9).
For the season, Tacoma is 0-2 vs Eastern Conference foes while Harrisburg is 1-1 when facing off with Western Conference opponents.
The Stars welcome the Harrisburg Heat to the accesso ShoWare Center on Friday January 31 for the first ever meeting between the clubs. Don't miss your chance to see the Stars battle an Eastern Conference foe. Game time is 7:35 pm and you can get your tickets at tacomastars.showare.com today.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 31, 2020
- Blast Pulls Away in the Third Quarter to Defeat the Lancers - Rochester Lancers
- Petricek, Defense Shine in Tropics First-Ever Shutout, 7-0 over Dallas Sidekicks - Florida Tropics SC
- Blast sweep short road trip, down Lancers 9-1 - Baltimore Blast
- Sidekicks Drop Game to Eastern Conference Juggernaut - Dallas Sidekicks
- St. Louis Ambush Drop a Close One in Utica - St. Louis Ambush
- Coughlin Leads Utica City to Win over St. Louis - Utica City FC
- Sockers Weekly Report - San Diego Sockers
- Heat Visit Stars Tonight at ShoWare - Tacoma Stars
- SeaWolves Sign Former Colombian International Jamie Castrillon - Orlando SeaWolves
- Offense Falters as SeaWolves Fall to Blast - Orlando SeaWolves
- There Is One Name Missing from the Lancers Wall of Fame... - Rochester Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Stars Stories
- Tacoma Stars Issue 2021 Season Supporter Letter
- Stars Keeper Danny Waltman a Fan (and Media) Favorite at the All-Star Game
- 2020 MASL All-Star Game Preview
- Fan's Guide to the 2020 MASL All-Star Game
- Stars vs Ambush Sunday Match Postponed, St. Louis Initiates New Safety Measures