Shorebirds to Change Team Name
SALISBURY, Md. -- The Delmarva Shorebirds will honor scrapple and play as the Delmarva Scrapple during their game on Saturday, August 18th against the Kannapolis Intimidators.
Scrapple is a breakfast meat that is extremely popular on the Delmarva Peninsula and in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Whether you enjoy your scrapple thin and crispy or thick and mushy, on an egg and cheese sandwich, with ketchup, grape jelly, or with maple syrup, this celebration is for you.
The Shorebirds will sport specialty scrapple jerseys and caps on Saturday, August 18th in honor of this delicious breakfast meat. The specialty scrapple jerseys will be auctioned off during the game on the second level concourse and will resemble a package of scrapple that you can find in your local grocery store. The specialty scrapple caps show a brand new scrapple, egg, and cheese sandwich logo.
The Flock Shop, the Shorebirds' merchandise store, located on the second level concourse and online, have scrapple merchandise available for purchase now! Make sure to get your Delmarva Scrapple gear prior to August 18th so that you can represent The Scrapple for the game.
"We know how much our fans and the people of Delmarva love their scrapple. We are tired of bacon and sausage getting all of the attention, when in reality the Delmarva Peninsula knows that scrapple is the epitome of the perfect breakfast meat and far more superior than bacon or sausage," said Shorebirds General Manager, Chris Bitters. "This promotion will finally give scrapple the national attention it deserves. While some people have strong feelings about scrapple, if scrapple is wrong, we don't want to be right."
As one might think, scrapple, egg, and cheese sandwiches will be on the concessions menu on the evening of August 18th. The team will even be enjoying scrapple as part of their pre-game spread.
Of course, in-game contests on August 18th will be scrapple themed and will include a scrapple eating contest, a scrapple carving contest, scrapple cornhole toss, and a scrapple cook off.
Gates open at 4:00 PM on Saturday, August 18th so that fans can watch Scrapple batting practice. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 PM. Don't miss this matchup between the Kannapolis Intimidators and your Delmarva Scrapple! Make sure to stick around after the game for a fantastic Q105 fireworks show, presented by Allen Harim.
Save time. Skip the line. Pick your seats. Print at home. Buy your tickets online at www.theshorebirds.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Drive Defeat Braves in 11-Inning, Walkoff Win - Greenville Drive
- 'Birds Turn Brooms Around in K-Town - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Castro's Fourth-Inning Blast Guides Power to Series Sweep - West Virginia Power
- Antuna's Big Night Lifts Suns to 7-6 Win - Hagerstown Suns
- Hickory Scores in 6 Different Innings - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Legends Split Series with Columbia Fireflies - Lexington Legends
- Augusta Dealt Loss in Finale - Augusta GreenJackets
- RiverDogs Take Bookends of Sereis with Asheville Behind Yajure's Sparkling Home Debut - Charleston RiverDogs
- Six-Run Fourth Inning Key to Columbia Victory - Columbia Fireflies
- BlueClaws Drop Heartbreaker, 7-6 to Suns on Thursday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Tourists Nearly No-Hit, Drop Finale in Charleston - Asheville Tourists
- Fireflies Roster Move and Game Notes: June 14 at Lexington (Game 64) - Columbia Fireflies
- West Virginia Power Promotional Notes (June 15-17) - West Virginia Power
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (June 14) - West Virginia Power
- Shorebirds to Change Team Name - Delmarva Shorebirds
- RiverDogs Celebrate Father's Day with Riley Park Club Special Offer - Charleston RiverDogs
- Drive and Braves Split Wednesday's Doubleheader - Greenville Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.