Shawon-O-Meter Makes Its Return at Impact Field for 29th Anniversary
Rosemont, Ill.-The famous Shawon-O-Meter will be brought back for the first time since 2002 tonight at Impact Field as its original creator, David Cihla, throws out the ceremonial first pitch in the second of a three-game series against the Sioux Falls Canaries.
On June 5th, 1989, the Shawon-O-Meter made its debut in the Wrigley Field bleachers during a series against the New York Mets as a show of support for former Chicago Cub, Shawon Dunston Sr. 29 years to the day history will repeat itself as Cihla premieres a brand new Shawon-O-Meter for Chicago Dogs outfielder Shawon Dunston Jr.
Dunston Jr. appeared in the Dogs lineup as leadoff hitter for the first time yesterday after being reactivated. The first pitch tonight will be at 7:05 p.m. and Cihla will be present with the Shawon-O-Meter throughout the remainder of the game.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 5, 2018
- RailCats Late Rally Not Enough in 4-3 Defeat to Goldeyes - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Esch Sets Career High with 10 K's, Allen Collects Four Hits, Saints Blank Wingnuts 2-0 - St. Paul Saints
- Wingnuts Drop Pitcher's Duel - Wichita Wingnuts
- RedHawks Hit Four Homers to Down Saltdogs 9-4 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Shawon-O-Meter Makes Its Return at Impact Field for 29th Anniversary - Chicago Dogs
- Celebrate Dad with a Special, on the Field, Father's Day Brunch - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Bullpen Carries X's to Victory - Sioux City Explorers
- RailCats Sneak Past Goldeyes in Extras - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Railroaders Drop Opener to X's - Cleburne Railroaders
- RailCats Rally, Walk-Off in 10th on Gimenez's Single - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Pitching and Homers Carry Saltdogs to Series-Opening Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.