Savoie Named WHL Player of the Month for November
The Western Hockey League announced today that Winnipeg ICE forward Matthew Savoie has been named the McSweeney's WHL Player of the Month for the month of November.
Savoie, who is eligible for the 2022 NHL Draft, recorded 22 points (7G-15A) in 10 November appearances, and begins the month of December as the WHL scoring leader with 39 points (13G-26A).
The product of St. Albert, Alta. recorded three or more points during a game five times in November, highlighted by a four-point outing November 10 against the Lethbridge Hurricanes.
In addition to his point production, Savoie has exhibited prowess in the faceoff circle, winning 59.8% of his faceoff attempts (106/177) during the month of November.
Savoie was one of three WHL players recently rated as "A" prospects in NHL Central Scouting's Preliminary Players to Watch list ahead of the 2022 NHL Draft.
The 5-foot-9, 178-pound forward was originally selected by the Winnipeg ICE with the first overall pick in the 2019 WHL Draft. In 45 career WHL regular season outings, all with Winnipeg, Savoie has compiled 46 points (13G-33A).
Savoie and the ICE are next in action Friday, December 3 when they open a two game home series with the Saskatoon Blades (7:00 p.m. CT, Wayne Fleming Arena).
Images from this story
Winnipeg ICE forward Matthew Savoie
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 1, 2021
- Benson Wins Gold at Capital City Challenge - Winnipeg Ice
- Lind Helps Team White Win Bronze in Capital City Challenge - Red Deer Rebels
- Americans Host Royals in Weekday Matchup at Toyota Center - Tri-City Americans
- Savoie Named WHL Player of the Month for November - Winnipeg Ice
- Game Day Hub: December 1 - Portland Winterhawks
- Rangers Prospect Garand Named WHL Goaltender of the Month - WHL
- ICE Forward Savoie named McSweeney's WHL Player of the Month - WHL
- Pats to Wear Jerseys Designed by 15-Year-Old Season Ticket Holder Saturday Night - Regina Pats
- Raiders Acquire Latimer, Johnston and Two First-Round Picks from Oil Kings - Prince Albert Raiders
- Seeley, Zellweger Named to Hockey Canada's Selection Camp - Everett Silvertips
- Oil Kings Acquire Defenceman Kaiden Guhle from Prince Albert - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Chiefs Hit the Road to Take on Division-Leading Everett - Spokane Chiefs
- Brent Seabrook to Join Giants Staff as an Interim, Volunteer Assistant Coach - Vancouver Giants
- Canada Calls on Greig & Iorio - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Blazers on Fire as Season Hits December - WHL
- Jack Finley Invited to Hockey Canada National Junior Team Selection Camp - Spokane Chiefs
- Road Trip Continues in Swift Current - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Garand, Stankoven Invited to Canada's National Junior Camp - Kamloops Blazers
- Hockey Canada Invites 15 WHL Players to National Junior Team Selection Camp - WHL
- Hunt Named to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Three Oil Kings Invited to Canadian World Junior Selection Camp - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Justin Sourdif Named to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp - Vancouver Giants
- Lambos Named to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp - Winnipeg Ice
- Bedard Invited to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp - Regina Pats
- ICE Recall Harmacy, Reassign Fraser, Oiring - Winnipeg Ice
- Benson Scores OT Winner in Semi Final - Winnipeg Ice
- Yager, Unger, Burnett & Canada Red into Gold Medal Game - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Cougars Fall at Seattle - Prince George Cougars
- Thunderbirds Claw Past Cougars - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Fizer Gets the Hat Trick in OT Loss to Spokane - Victoria Royals
- Spokane Hangs on for 6-5 Overtime Win over Victoria - Spokane Chiefs
- Wheat Kings Earn a Point in Moose Jaw - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Warriors Top Brandon in a Shootout - Moose Jaw Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.