Rangers Prospect Garand Named WHL Goaltender of the Month
December 1, 2021 - Western Hockey League (WHL) News Release
The Western Hockey League announced today that Kamloops Blazers netminder Dylan Garand has been named the WHL Goaltender of the Month for the month of November.
The New York Rangers prospect posted a 7-1-0-0 November record along with a 1.25 goals-against average, a .956 save percentage, and one shutout, helping Kamloops improve its regular season record to 17-2-0-0.
Five of Garand's November victories, including his last four outings, were recorded away from home including a 41-save effort November 27 at Everett.
The 19-year-old product of Victoria, B.C. registered his 10th career WHL shutout November 5, turning aside 22 shots in his hometown against the Victoria Royals.
Garand was one of two WHL goaltenders named to the final roster for Hockey Canada's entry at the 2022 IIHF World Junior Championship in Edmonton and Red Deer, Alta. He is also one of two WHL returnees from the Canadian squad that won a silver medal at the 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship.
The 6-foot-1, 181-pound goaltender was selected by the New York Rangers in the fourth round of the 2020 NHL Draft.
Garand was originally selected by the Blazers in the third round of the 2017 WHL Draft. In 107 career WHL games, all with Kamloops, he holds a 70-24-4-2 record, a 2.31 goals-against average, .918 save percentage and 10 shutouts.
Garand and the Blazers are next in action Friday, December 3 when they pay a visit to the Vancouver Giants (7:30 p.m. PT, Langley Events Centre).
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 1, 2021
- Benson Wins Gold at Capital City Challenge - Winnipeg Ice
- Lind Helps Team White Win Bronze in Capital City Challenge - Red Deer Rebels
- Americans Host Royals in Weekday Matchup at Toyota Center - Tri-City Americans
- Savoie Named WHL Player of the Month for November - Winnipeg Ice
- Game Day Hub: December 1 - Portland Winterhawks
- Rangers Prospect Garand Named WHL Goaltender of the Month - WHL
- ICE Forward Savoie named McSweeney's WHL Player of the Month - WHL
- Pats to Wear Jerseys Designed by 15-Year-Old Season Ticket Holder Saturday Night - Regina Pats
- Raiders Acquire Latimer, Johnston and Two First-Round Picks from Oil Kings - Prince Albert Raiders
- Seeley, Zellweger Named to Hockey Canada's Selection Camp - Everett Silvertips
- Oil Kings Acquire Defenceman Kaiden Guhle from Prince Albert - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Chiefs Hit the Road to Take on Division-Leading Everett - Spokane Chiefs
- Brent Seabrook to Join Giants Staff as an Interim, Volunteer Assistant Coach - Vancouver Giants
- Canada Calls on Greig & Iorio - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Blazers on Fire as Season Hits December - WHL
- Jack Finley Invited to Hockey Canada National Junior Team Selection Camp - Spokane Chiefs
- Road Trip Continues in Swift Current - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Garand, Stankoven Invited to Canada's National Junior Camp - Kamloops Blazers
- Hockey Canada Invites 15 WHL Players to National Junior Team Selection Camp - WHL
- Hunt Named to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Three Oil Kings Invited to Canadian World Junior Selection Camp - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Justin Sourdif Named to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp - Vancouver Giants
- Lambos Named to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp - Winnipeg Ice
- Bedard Invited to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp - Regina Pats
- ICE Recall Harmacy, Reassign Fraser, Oiring - Winnipeg Ice
- Benson Scores OT Winner in Semi Final - Winnipeg Ice
- Yager, Unger, Burnett & Canada Red into Gold Medal Game - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Cougars Fall at Seattle - Prince George Cougars
- Thunderbirds Claw Past Cougars - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Fizer Gets the Hat Trick in OT Loss to Spokane - Victoria Royals
- Spokane Hangs on for 6-5 Overtime Win over Victoria - Spokane Chiefs
- Wheat Kings Earn a Point in Moose Jaw - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Warriors Top Brandon in a Shootout - Moose Jaw Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.