San Antonio FC to Host Laredo Heat SC in U.S. Open Cup Second Round on May 14
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio FC will host Laredo Heat SC (National Premier Soccer League) in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup second round on May 14 at 7:30 p.m. at Toyota Field, the club announced today. The matchup comes following the Heat's 1-0 victory over Brazos Valley Cavalry FC on Tuesday night in the first round of the Open Cup.
SAFC is offering a two-for-one ticket package for their three upcoming matches at Toyota Field from May 11-18. Fans who purchase tickets to either the May 11 match vs. Orange County SC or the May 18 match vs. the Tulsa Roughnecks will receive a link within 24-48 business hours to redeem free tickets for the Open Cup match against Laredo Heat SC on May 14. Fans who have already purchased tickets to either the match on May 11 or May 18 will also have the option to redeem tickets for the cup clash next Tuesday. In addition, San Antonio FC Season Ticket Members will receive complimentary tickets to the match on May 14.
San Antonio FC begins its campaign in the 2019 Open Cup after advancing to the fourth round in 2018 prior to being eliminated by MLS side FC Dallas. Overall in SAFC history, the Alamo City club is 3-0-0 in the second round of the Open Cup, including wins over Corinthians FCSA (2016), the Houston Dutch Lions (2017) and the Midland Sockers FC (2018). The match against Laredo marks the second time SAFC has hosted a match in the second round, and fourth time in the competition overall.
Laredo Heat SC currently compete in the NPSL and finished the 2018 season 10-0-0, winning the Lone Star Conference Championship.
Fans can purchase tickets to the SAFC Open Cup match or take advantage of the two-for-one offer by texting or calling the SAFC sales office at 210-444-5657 or by visiting SanAntonioFC.com. Supporters can also follow the club by liking San Antonio FC on Facebook, as well as following the team on Twitter (@SanAntonioFC) and Instagram (@sanantoniofc).
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from May 8, 2019
- Gameday: Rowdies Visit Nashville SC - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 10 - USL
- Fury FC Secures Hard-Fought Point against New York Red Bulls II in Annual School Day Game - Ottawa Fury FC
- Neill Collins Named USL Championship Coach of the Month - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Neill Collins Earns Coach of the Month Award - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Tampa Bay's Collins Voted Championship's Coach of the Month - USL
- Behind Enemy Lines: Tampa Bay Rowdies - Nashville SC
- Highway 99 Derby Tonight at Chukchansi Park - Fresno FC
- Legion FC to Host West Chester United in First US Open Cup Match - Birmingham Legion FC
- Guillermo Benitez and Wesly Decas Named to 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Squads - Atlanta United 2
- San Antonio FC to Host Laredo Heat SC in U.S. Open Cup Second Round on May 14 - San Antonio FC
- Valhalla Tickets Joins USL's Preferred Supplier Program - USL
- Daniel Johnson Makes USL Championship Team of the Week - Birmingham Legion FC
- CBSC Appoint David Proctor as Boys Director of Coaching - Charleston Battery
- Nashville SC to Play South Georgia Tormenta FC 2 in U.S. Open Cup - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio FC Stories
- San Antonio FC Adds Midfielder Santiago Viera on Loan from Liverpool Montevideo
- San Antonio FC Signs Midfielder Hayden Partain
- San Antonio FC Re-Signs Defender Kai Greene
- San Antonio FC Announces 2020 USL Championship Schedule
- San Antonio FC Re-Signs Defender Joshua Yaro