Behind Enemy Lines: Tampa Bay Rowdies
NASHVILLE - Nashville Soccer Club will begin a stretch of seven matches in a 22-day stretch with its nationally televised showdown with Tampa Bay Rowdies on Wednesday night. Tampa Bay is one of the top teams in the USL Eastern Conference, and is the only team in the East without a loss. In the latest Behind Enemy Lines, we round up what Tampa Bay is saying prior to the game against Nashville SC.
The Rowdies team site published its match preview and noted that the Rowdies have had a "full week of prep" leading up to the match following a bye weekend. Meanwhile Nashville SC played just four days earlier, defeating Atlanta United 2 2-0.
Tampa Bay's nine-match unbeaten start to the 2019 season is the first time in 10 years that the Rowdies have made it to the month of May without a loss. A win or draw in Nashville would also match the franchise's Modern Era record of a 10-match unbeaten streak set between June 22 and September 21, 2013.
Rowdies coach Neill Collins said in the club's Match Preview on social media that he knows Nashville will be amongst the USL Championship elite by the end of the season.
"We know that Nashville will be at the top end of the table come what may," said Collins. "A couple of ex-Rowdies players in Matt Pickens and Darnell King are very good players. But, they went out and signed the two top goalscorers in the league last year in Daniel Ríos and Cameron Lancaster, Kharloton Belmar from the West, so they have no shortage of attacking options and equally they are experienced through the back and midfield. This will be a very, very tough test."
Tampa will be without a quartet of players on Saturday according to the team's site. Forwards Malik Johnson and Jaime Siaj, midfielder Yann Ekra and defender Shawn Barry will all miss the match.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from May 8, 2019
- Gameday: Rowdies Visit Nashville SC - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 10 - USL
- Fury FC Secures Hard-Fought Point against New York Red Bulls II in Annual School Day Game - Ottawa Fury FC
- Neill Collins Named USL Championship Coach of the Month - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Neill Collins Earns Coach of the Month Award - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Tampa Bay's Collins Voted Championship's Coach of the Month - USL
- Behind Enemy Lines: Tampa Bay Rowdies - Nashville SC
- Highway 99 Derby Tonight at Chukchansi Park - Fresno FC
- Legion FC to Host West Chester United in First US Open Cup Match - Birmingham Legion FC
- Guillermo Benitez and Wesly Decas Named to 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Squads - Atlanta United 2
- San Antonio FC to Host Laredo Heat SC in U.S. Open Cup Second Round on May 14 - San Antonio FC
- Valhalla Tickets Joins USL's Preferred Supplier Program - USL
- Daniel Johnson Makes USL Championship Team of the Week - Birmingham Legion FC
- CBSC Appoint David Proctor as Boys Director of Coaching - Charleston Battery
- Nashville SC to Play South Georgia Tormenta FC 2 in U.S. Open Cup - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville SC Looking to Start a Strong Run for the Second Half of the Season in Memphis
- Three Things to Know: Nashville SC at Memphis 901 FC
- Preview: Nashville SC Renews Rivalry with Memphis 901 FC on Wednesday
- Watch Wednesday's Rivalry Match at Downtown Sporting Club
- Nashville SC Acquires Defender Jimmy Ockford from SJ Earthquakes on Short-Term Loan