San Antonio FC Signs Forward Tony Taylor
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio FC has signed forward Tony Taylor for the rest of the USL Championship season pending league and federation approval, the club announced today. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"We are really excited to have Tony," said SAFC Head Coach Darren Powell. "We have watched him over the last couple of years. He is a dynamic attacking player, has good experience and has very good character."
Taylor joins SAFC after spending part of the 2019 season with Puskas AFC in the Hungarian first division. The veteran forward previously spent time with the Jacksonville Armada (NASL) and Ottawa Fury (USL Championship) from 2017-18 prior to moving to Hungary. Taylor also spent time with both the New England Revolution and New York City FC of Major League Soccer from 2014-2016 where he accumulated over 700 league minutes. The 30-year-old has also spent a large part of his career in the first and second divisions of Portugal, playing four seasons in the second division with three different clubs from 2009-14, and one in the first division during the 2016-17 season with FC Paços de Ferreira.
The California native has also represented Panama at the full international level, making appearances in World Cup qualifying and Copa Centroamericana play. Taylor represented the United States at the U-23 and U-20 levels, including the 2009 U-20 World Cup where he played 210 minutes and scored one goal for the USA.
"I'm very excited and happy to be here," said Taylor. "It's an honor to be part of this club, it's a great organization and I'm looking forward to getting started with the team and helping to make that push for the playoffs. I'm going to give 100 percent for the club to reach our targets."
With the addition of Taylor, the active SAFC roster currently stands at 23. Taylor will wear No. 23 for the club.
San Antonio will host OKC Energy FC this Saturday at Toyota Field at 7:30 p.m. for #Defend210 night. Fans can purchase an exclusive t-shirt and ticket package by visiting SanAntonioFC.com or by calling or texting 210-444-5657. Supporters can also follow the club by liking San Antonio FC on Facebook, as well as following the team on Twitter (@SanAntonioFC) and Instagram (@sanantoniofc).
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 13, 2019
- Memphis 901 FC Picks up Third-Straight Win - Memphis 901 FC
- Legion FC's Unbeaten Streak Ends at Nine - Birmingham Legion FC
- Loudoun United Fall to Memphis 901 FC 1-2 at Home - Loudoun United
- STLFC Wins 2-0 Away to Birmingham Legion FC - Saint Louis FC
- Reno 1868 FC Travels to Texas for Battle with Austin Bold - Reno 1868 FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Announces Auction of Noche de Locos Gameday Jerseys Worn by Team During September 21st Match - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Match at Nissan Tabbed as GOAL Program Night for Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- San Antonio FC Hosts OKC Energy FC in Crucial Playoff Push Matchup - San Antonio FC
- Match Preview: RGV FC Heads West to Face Sacramento Republic FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Alston Finds Home, Happiness in USL - Orange County SC
- Nashville SC to Offer Fan-Friendly Pricing on Drinks for Remaining Matches at First Tennessee Park - Nashville SC
- San Antonio FC Signs Forward Tony Taylor - San Antonio FC
- Phoenix Rising Welcomes Los Dos to Casino Arizona Field - Phoenix Rising FC
- STLFC Partners with Consort Homes - Saint Louis FC
- Join Nashville SC at Green Hills Park Festival this Saturday, September 14 - Nashville SC
- Real Monarchs SLC Hosts Portland Timbers 2 Saturday in Pivotal Western Conference Clash - Real Monarchs SLC
- Match Preview: #TBRvATL - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Johnson out with Broken Foot - Charlotte Independence
- Preview: Lights, Camera, Action - Hartford Athletic
- North Carolina FC Heads West for Test at Swope Park Rangers - North Carolina FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Tampa Bay Rowdies - Atlanta United 2
- Preview: Indy Eleven Looks to Continue Trek to the Top vs. Bethlehem Steel FC - Indy Eleven
- Energy FC on Road against Rival San Antonio Tomorrow Night - OKC Energy FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio FC Stories
- San Antonio FC Hosts Colorado Springs with Playoff Berth on the Line
- San Antonio FC to Celebrate Final Home Match with $1 Drink Night, Postgame Fireworks Show on Saturday
- San Antonio FC Forward Ever Guzman Named USL Championship Player of the Week
- San Antonio FC Earns Three Crucial Points in Seven-Goal Thriller at Portland
- San Antonio FC Travels to Face Portland Timbers 2 in Final Away Match of Regular Season