Phoenix Rising Welcomes Los Dos to Casino Arizona Field
What You Need To Know
Phoenix Rising enters the match on a 19-match winning streak.
Phoenix Rising enters the match unbeaten in its last 16 matches at Casino Arizona Field.
Phoenix Rising hasn't allowed a goal in three straight matches.
Wednesday, September 11th - at Las Vegas Lights FC, W, 1-0
Saturday, September 14th - vs. LA Galaxy II, 7:30 p.m
Stream: ESPN+ (U.S. viewers)
TV: Your PHX CW (channel 6 on cable and 61.1 on satellite & over-the-air)
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Phoenix Rising FC brings its 19-match winning streak back to Casino Arizona Field to square off with Los Angeles Galaxy II this Saturday night. The match is scheduled to kick off at 7:30 p.m. and will air on Your PHX CW (channel 6 on cable and 61.1 on satellite & over-the-air) as well as ArizonaSports.com.
Rising FC comes off a mid-week 1-0 win at Las Vegas. Forward Adam Jahn netted the game-winner in the 62nd minute and goalkeeper Carl Woszczynski notched his first clean sheet of the season thanks to three saves.
Seventh-place Los Dos comes to Arizona playing well, going 3-1-1 in their last five matches. Last Saturday, the club downed Real Monarchs, 3-1, at Dignity Health Park with goals from José Herenández, Tomas Hilliard-Arce, and Iván Guitérez. The club has been pretty consistent in its play on the road, going 5-4-4 this season (compared to 5-4-5 at home).
This will be the final match of the season series between the two clubs. Back on August 3rd, Rising's winning streak looked to be in danger after the team fell behind Los Dos, 2-0. But goals from Solomon Asante, Junior Flemmings, and Joey Calistri (who scored his game-winner in the 83rd minute) preserved the win streak in dramatic fashion.
Phoenix Rising will be giving away sugar skull pint glasses to the first 2,500 fans who arrive to Casino Arizona Field. Gates open at 6 p.m. and fans can still purchase tickets by heading to PHXRisingFC.com
This will be the 17th all-time meeting between the two clubs with PHX's all-time record being 9-5-2.
PHX has not lost to LA since the 2016 season (six straight wins).
All but one of PHX's wins against LA have been decided by one goal.
In PHX's last match against LA on August 3, they overcame a 2-goal deficit to win the match on the road, scoring the game-winning goal in the 83rd minute.
A Little Bit About LA Galaxy II
The club's leading scorer is Kai Koreniuk with seven goals in 22 appearances. Augustine Williams is second in goals with six.
Brian Iloski and José Hernández lead the team in assists with four apiece.
LA is 5-4-4 on the road this season and unbeaten in their last six matches away from home.
A Little Bit About Phoenix Rising
Per Opta, the team's 7.1 team rating is tops in USL Championship.
PHX has outscored opponents 58-14 during its 19-match winning streak.
PHX has scored three or more goals in 16 of its last 28 matches.
PHX's 73 goals scored is tops in USL Championship.
Solomon Asante leads all of USL Championship in goals (21) and assists (14).
Zac Lubin leads the league in clean sheets (13).
Per Opta, Asante has the best average player rating at 8.3. He's the only player currently above 8. PHX has three of the top six rated players in the league (Asante, Jahn, and Flemmings).
Per Opta, Asante leads the league in shots on target per match (2) and is tied for second in chances created (15).
Spreading The Wealth
During Phoenix Rising's 19-match winning streak, 12 different players have scored goals: Solomon Asante, José Aguinaga, Jon Bakero, Joey Calistri, Amadou Dia, Mustapha Dumbuya, Joey Farrell, Junior Flemmings, Adam Jahn, Kevon Lambert, James Musa, and Andrew Wheeler-Omiunu. On the season, 14 different players have scored a goal. The club record for most players to score in a season is 17, set in 2017.
Not only is Phoenix Rising leading USL championship in goals (73), but the club's goal differential is also the best in the league by a wide margin. The club currently has a +48 goal differential, 16 goals better than the next highest total.
Win, Win, Win, No Matter What...
Phoenix Rising has 21 wins on the season and have already broken the club record for wins in the regular season (19). With six matches remaining on the schedule, the club is also within striking distance of the USL Championship record for wins in a season (23), set by FC Cincinnati last season.
Following Adam Jahn's goal on Wednesday, Phoenix Rising now has 73 goals in 2019. The club has an opportunity to break the USL Championship record for team goals in a season (75), set by Reno 1868 FC in 2017.
Another Day, Another Record
With their win against San Antonio on September 7th, PHX secured their 65th point and broke the club record for points in a season (63, set in 2018). PHX now has 68 points and has the chance to break the USL Championship record for most points in a season (77), set by FC Cincinnati last season.
Hottest in the Valley
After extending their win streak to 19 games, Phoenix Rising now has the longest winning streak by an Arizona professional team. The Arizona Rattlers won 18 straight games between the 2013 and 2014 seasons and the Phoenix Suns won 17 straight games in the 2006-2007 season.
Iron Man Watch
Defender Amadou Dia remains the club's minutes leader with 2,250 minutes played. He's followed by Adam Jahn (2,247), Solomon Asante (2,215), Zac Lubin (2,160), and José Aguinaga (1,843) to round out the top five. 14 players total have logged 1,000 or more minutes this season.
Home Sweet Home
On September 7th, Phoenix Rising clinched home field for the Western Conference Quarterfinals. PHX is unbeaten at home this season (11-0-3) and have sold out every home game.
Man on Fire
Solomon Asante now has 35 combined goals and assists on the season, breaking a USL Championship record (32) set last year by FC Cincinnati's Emmanuel Ledesma, who recorded 16 goals and 16 assists in the regular season. Asante's 21 goals are four off the league's regular-season record of 25, set in 2018 by Louisville City FC's Cameron Lancaster. His 14 assists are two off the league's regular-season record of 16, set in 2018 by Ledesma.
Solomon Asante and Adam Jahn have 36 combined goals on the season, tying the league's regular-season record for most goals scored by two teammates, set in 2018 by Louisville City FC's Cameron Lancaster (25 goals) and Ilija Ilic (11 goals).
Clean Sheet King
Zac Lubin secured his 13th clean sheet of the season on Saturday. He leads USL Championship in clean sheets and has the new club record for clean sheets in a regular season (previously was 12, set by Carl Woszczynski last season).
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 13, 2019
- Memphis 901 FC Picks up Third-Straight Win - Memphis 901 FC
- Legion FC's Unbeaten Streak Ends at Nine - Birmingham Legion FC
- Loudoun United Fall to Memphis 901 FC 1-2 at Home - Loudoun United
- STLFC Wins 2-0 Away to Birmingham Legion FC - Saint Louis FC
- Reno 1868 FC Travels to Texas for Battle with Austin Bold - Reno 1868 FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Announces Auction of Noche de Locos Gameday Jerseys Worn by Team During September 21st Match - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Match at Nissan Tabbed as GOAL Program Night for Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- San Antonio FC Hosts OKC Energy FC in Crucial Playoff Push Matchup - San Antonio FC
- Match Preview: RGV FC Heads West to Face Sacramento Republic FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Alston Finds Home, Happiness in USL - Orange County SC
- Nashville SC to Offer Fan-Friendly Pricing on Drinks for Remaining Matches at First Tennessee Park - Nashville SC
- San Antonio FC Signs Forward Tony Taylor - San Antonio FC
- Phoenix Rising Welcomes Los Dos to Casino Arizona Field - Phoenix Rising FC
- STLFC Partners with Consort Homes - Saint Louis FC
- Join Nashville SC at Green Hills Park Festival this Saturday, September 14 - Nashville SC
- Real Monarchs SLC Hosts Portland Timbers 2 Saturday in Pivotal Western Conference Clash - Real Monarchs SLC
- Match Preview: #TBRvATL - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Johnson out with Broken Foot - Charlotte Independence
- Preview: Lights, Camera, Action - Hartford Athletic
- North Carolina FC Heads West for Test at Swope Park Rangers - North Carolina FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Tampa Bay Rowdies - Atlanta United 2
- Preview: Indy Eleven Looks to Continue Trek to the Top vs. Bethlehem Steel FC - Indy Eleven
- Energy FC on Road against Rival San Antonio Tomorrow Night - OKC Energy FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Rising FC Stories
- Phoenix Rising Caps Historic 2019 Regular Season with 3-1 Win over OKC Energy on $1 Beer Night
- Phoenix Rising Looks to Close out Historic 2019 Regular Season on High Note
- Phoenix Rising Falls to Real Monarchs 2-1
- Rising FC Duo Named to USL Championship Team of the Week
- Phoenix Rising Ties USL Championship Record for Wins with Wild 5-3 Victory over Portland