Salt Lake City Stars Outdueled in Shootout Loss to Canton Charge
ORLANDO - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, made a season-best 20 3-pointers on the way to a season-high in points, but fell to the Canton Charge 127-11 in a shootout on Sunday afternoon.
Salt Lake City came out red hot making their first seven shots on the way to a 39-36 lead after the first quarter. The hot shooting continued from both sides in the second quarter as the Charge took a 71-65 lead to the locker room, the most points in a half for either team this season.
After shooting 14-of-21 in the first half from 3-point range, the Stars struggled from distance in the third quarter making just 2-of-11, allowing the Charge to build up a 16-point lead. Salt Lake City would claw back in the fourth quarter as Marcus Graves would cut the deficit to 10 on a 3-pointer with just over two minutes remaining but were unable to get any closer.
Graves scored a season-high 19 points in just 23 minutes off the bench. Dallas Mavericks two-way assignee Tyler Bey had 19 points and 12 rebounds for his third double-double of the season. Yogi Ferrell finished with 18 points and has scored in double figures in all eight games for the Stars this season.
Levi Randolph led the way for the Charge scoring 29, while Devon Dotson chipped in with 19 points and 12 assists. Canton finished the game shooting 58.4% from the field and outscored the Stars 64-34 in the paint.
With eight games in the books the Stars have passed the midway point of the 15-game NBA G League single-site season. The second half for the Stars starts on Tuesday against the Austin Spurs. The game will begin at 9:00 a.m. (MT) and is available to be streamed on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 21, 2021
- Fort Wayne Beats Raptors 905 for Second Straight 2OT Victory - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Delaware Cools off Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Canton's Stars Shine Bright in Win over Salt Lake City - Canton Charge
- Salt Lake City Stars Outdueled in Shootout Loss to Canton Charge - Salt Lake City Stars
- Greensboro Swarm Drop Matinee to Ignite - Greensboro Swarm
- Oklahoma City Dominates the Paint in Win against Vipers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Lakeland Magic Defeat Agua Caliente Clippers in Overtime - Lakeland Magic
- San Antonio Recalls Luka Samanic and Tre Jones from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Norvel Pelle Returns to Charge - Canton Charge
- Spurs Down Westchester - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake City Stars Stories
- Salt Lake City Stars Complete 2021 NBA G League Season
- Salt Lake City Stars Comeback Falls Short against Magic
- Yogi Ferrell Scores 29 in Salt Lake City Stars Victory
- Salt Lake City Stars Comeback Falls Short against Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Salt Lake City Stars Shine Bright against NBA G League Ignite