Lakeland Magic Defeat Agua Caliente Clippers in Overtime
The Lakeland Magic, NBA G League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, defeated the Agua Caliente Clippers 104-102 in overtime at the AdventHealth Arena.
Agua Caliente got off to a hot start, leading by as many as eight points in the first quarter, but a Lakeland rally and an Andrew Rowsey buzzer-beater put the Magic up by two going into the second period. The Magic second unit outscored the Clippers bench 29-11 in the first two quarters. Tyrone Wallace's 16 first-half points helped give the Clippers a seven-point lead at the break.
DJ Hogg and Mamadi Diakite both scored eight points in the third quarter but the Clippers extended their lead to nine points going into the final period. Lakeland started the fourth quarter on a 10-2 run to cut the Clipper lead to 1 point. The Magic outscored the Clippers 13-4 on points off turnovers in the fourth and continued the pressure on the Clippers to force overtime with the game tied at 100. Diakite scored on the first two possessions of the overtime period and the Magic held on to win 106-104.
Lakeland outscored Agua Caliente 61-24 in bench points, primarily lead by Diakite and Hogg. Diakite, a two-way flex-assignment from the Wisconsin Herd, led all players in scoring and rebounding with 27 points, 14 rebounds and two blocks. Hogg finished with 16 points, five rebounds, two assists and three blocks. Rowsey added 10 points, six assists, two rebounds and a steal.
Wallace finished with 25 points, eight rebounds, six assists, three steals and one block. James Palmer Jr. posted 19 points, five rebounds, three assist, one steal and one block. Emanuel Terry added 14 points, nine rebounds and one assist.
The Lakeland Magic take on the Westchester Knicks on Tuesday, February 23. Tipoff is scheduled for 3:00 PM at the AdventHealth Arena. The game will be nationally televised on ESPN2.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 21, 2021
- Fort Wayne Beats Raptors 905 for Second Straight 2OT Victory - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Delaware Cools off Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Canton's Stars Shine Bright in Win over Salt Lake City - Canton Charge
- Salt Lake City Stars Outdueled in Shootout Loss to Canton Charge - Salt Lake City Stars
- Greensboro Swarm Drop Matinee to Ignite - Greensboro Swarm
- Oklahoma City Dominates the Paint in Win against Vipers - Oklahoma City Blue
- Lakeland Magic Defeat Agua Caliente Clippers in Overtime - Lakeland Magic
- San Antonio Recalls Luka Samanic and Tre Jones from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Norvel Pelle Returns to Charge - Canton Charge
- Spurs Down Westchester - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lakeland Magic Stories
- Lakeland Magic Players Receive First Team All-NBA G League, All-Defensive Team and All-Rookie Team Honors
- Lakeland Magic and Mosaic to Donate $50,100 to Fight Local Hunger
- Stan Heath Named NBA G League Coach of the Year
- Magic Defeat Warriors to Advance to G League Finals
- Magic Defeat BayHawks to Advance to G League Semifinals