Salmon Kings Ink Ryan Dingle
Victoria, BC - The Victoria Salmon Kings, proud affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks and Manitoba Moose, announced today that they have signed forward Ryan Dingle for the 2010-11 season.
The 5-11, 190 lb forward comes to Victoria after a 2009-10 season in the American Hockey League (AHL) with the Adirondack Phantoms where he accumulated 10 points (5g-5a) and 18 penalty minutes in 54 contests.
"Ryan solidifies our center position," General Manager and Head Coach Mark Morrison said. "He is a multi-dimensional player that adds speed to our lineup. We expect that he will contribute offensively while being defensively responsible."
The 26-year-old Dingle also played in the AHL between two teams (Portland Pirates and Iowa Chops) in the previous three seasons (2006-07 thru 2008-09), totaling 25 points (12g-13a) and 35 minutes in penalties in 93 games. He also spent 50 games in the ECHL with the Augusta Lynx during the 2007-08 campaign, amassing 27 points (10g-17a) and 51 minutes in penalties.
The native of Steamboat Springs, CO has played in 197 career professional games, accumulating 27 goals and 35 assists for 62 points while tallying 104 penalty minutes. Dingle also has participated in seven career professional playoff contests, notching two assists and four minutes in penalties during that span.
Prior to turning professional, Dingle enjoyed a three-year junior career in the NCAA with the University of Denver Pioneers. In 118 career contests in Denver he registered 98 total points (55g-43a) while serving 107 minutes in penalties, while leading the club in goal scoring in his final two seasons. During his time as a Pioneer, Dingle helped lead the squad to the 2005 NCAA Championship title. Foregoing his final year as a Pioneer, Dingle signed a two-year entry level deal with the NHL's Anaheim Ducks.
Before attending school, the forward spent three seasons (2001-02 thru 2003-04) in the United States Hockey League (USHL) between the Des Moines Buccaneers and Tri-City Storm. Dingle finished his time in the USHL with 101 points (45g-56a) and 124 minutes in penalties in 157 appearances. This also includes six playoff contests where he recorded one goal and eight penalty minutes.
The Salmon Kings kick-off the 2010-11 season with two exhibition contests versus the UBC Thunderbirds on Saturday, October 9th and Sunday, October 10th. Admission is by donation to the TLC Fund for Kids, while hotdogs, popcorn and medium pop are available to purchase for only $1 each! Victoria opens up their regular season home schedule at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre with a three-game set versus the Ontario Reign beginning Wednesday, October 27th. Season tickets for the Salmon Kings' 2010-11 season are now on sale. Call 250-220-7889 or visit www.selectyourtickets.com to purchase yours today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 4, 2010
- Thunder Preseason ''Sons of Thunder'' Theme Jerseys Unveiled - Stockton Thunder
- Salmon Kings Ink Ryan Dingle - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Condors in the Community: Colonel Claw'd to Visit Habitat for Humanity's Playhouse - Bakersfield Condors
- Salmon Kings Welcome Atherton to Blue Line - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Wranglers Receive Four from San Antonio - Las Vegas Wranglers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Gladiators Add Two to Camp Roster - Atlanta Gladiators
- Sharks Drafted G Tyson Sexsmith Among Four Added to Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Royals Announce Training Camp Roster - Reading Royals
- Jackals Add Four to Training Camp Roster - Elmira Jackals
- Kelly Cup Hero Brett Robinson Assigned to Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Blades Get Eight Added to Camp Roster from AHL - Florida Everblades
- Andrew Ianiero Back with Bakersfield - Bakersfield Condors
- Royals Sign Forward Derek Hulak - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Announce Preliminary Training Camp Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Royals Sign Forward Chris Blight - Reading Royals
- Training Camp to Open Wednesday - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Adirondack Phantoms Release Two to Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Victoria Salmon Kings Stories
- Royals' Pink In The Rink Almost Sold Out
- Former Salmon Kings' General Manager & Head Coach Named to Winnipeg Jets' AHL Staff
- Salmon Kings Withdraw from ECHL
- Salmon Kings' Season Ends with Game 4 Loss
- Alaska takes 3-0 series lead with 6-2 victory over Victoria