Sabres Agree to Entry-Level Deal with Ruotsalainen
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has signed forward Arttu Ruotsalainen to a three-year, entry-level contract.
In his second full Liiga season in 2018-19, Ruotsalainen (5'8", 179 lbs., 10/29/1997) led Ilves and ranked ninth in the league with 21 goals, adding 21 assists to total a team-high 42 points. He led all Liiga forwards in average ice time (21:05) and faceoffs (1,216) in his 59 regular-season games, posting a faceoff percentage of 54.9%. In seven playoff games in 2019, Ruotsalainen recorded seven points (2+5) and a plus-6 rating. Through parts of four Liiga seasons, he has totaled 73 points (36+37) in 204 regular-season games.
A native of Oulu, Finland, Ruotsalainen won a silver medal with Team Finland at the 2015 IIHF World U18 Championship and represented his country at the 2016 IIHF World Junior Championship. He made his debut with the Finnish national team during the 2018-19 season, joining the team for several games during the Euro Hockey Tour.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 8, 2019
- Wild Square Series with Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Bears Season Ends in Game 4 Loss to Charlotte - Hershey Bears
- Saarela's Hat Trick Caps Checkers' Sweep of Hershey - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers to Face Toronto Marlies in Eastern Conference Final - Charlotte Checkers
- Winters Uses Senators Experience to Kick Start Career - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Set Home Opener for October 19 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Statement Issued Regarding Senators COO Rob Mullowney - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Checkers at Bears, 7 p.m. (Round 2, Game 4) - Hershey Bears
- Sabres Agree to Entry-Level Deal with Ruotsalainen - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.