Rutschman's Five Hit Night Fuels Comeback Win
ABERDEEN, M.D. - Adley Rutschman had the best offensive day of his professional career on Monday night in Aberdeen. Aberdeen trailed 2-0 in the 6th and battled back to win 6-2. They were paced by Rutschman's five hits, including a solo homer and a bases clearing triple.
W: Houston Roth
L: Clark Cota
Vermont's 5th: In the top half the Lake Monsters grabbed two runs on an RBI single for Yerdel Vargas. They were the first two runs of the game.
Aberdeen's 5th: With two singles under his belt already, Rutschman stepped up and saw an 0-2 fastball. He blasted it over the right-center field wall and cut Vermont's lead in half.
8th inning: Aberdeen tied it on an RBI single up the middle for Clay Fisher. Wth the bases loaded and two outs, Rutschman got his fifth hit of the night. He roped a triple down the rightfield line and cleared the bases to end his career night.
KEY IRONBIRDS CONTRIBUTORS
Adley Rutschman: 5-for-5, 3B, HR, 4 RBI
Clay Fisher: 2-for-4, RBI, R
NEWS AND NOTES
Aberdeen took the series finale, and the ultimate rubbermatch with a 5-4 edge through nine games in 18 days with Vermont.
With 12 games to go, Aberdeen is 36-27, 0.5 games out of the New York-Penn League Wild Card spot. After cancelling a game in Tri-City, the IronBirds will only play 75 games this season.
All Star Break, Aberdeen will have two games off before heading to Staten Island to begin a six game road trip on Thursday.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 19, 2019
- Rutschman's Five Hit Night Fuels Comeback Win - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Politz Brilliant Again, Spikes Fall Late to Doubledays, 3-1 - State College Spikes
- Struggling at the Wrong Time - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Black Bears Lose in Gutsy Extra-Innings Battle - West Virginia Black Bears
- Spinners Ride Homers from Davis, Groshans to 7-3 Victory - Lowell Spinners
- Home Runs Power Spinners Past Tigers - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Crosscutters Win Wild Extra-Inning Game at West Virginia - Williamsport Crosscutters
- 5-Run 8th Leads Aberdeen Past Vermont 8-2 - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Cyclones Sweep Their Way into All-Star Break - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Doubledays Drop Doubleheader to Spikes - Auburn Doubledays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Aberdeen IronBirds Stories
- Movie Night 2: Casper the Friendly Ghost Visits Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium
- Watch Toy Story 4 on the Grass at Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium
- Aberdeen IronBirds to Host Fans for Crabs and a Game of Catch
- MLB and MiLB 2020 Season Decision
- IronBirds and Local Sponsors to Hold Fireworks Show for the 4th of July