Rush Tie League Record in Shootout Win
Denver - The Denver Cutthroats and Rapid City Rush battled on Friday, December 20 at the Denver Coliseum. In a five-round shootout, the Rush defeated the Cutthroats 2-1 to tie the Central Hockey League's record with 10 consecutive wins on the road.
J.P. Chabot (Garett Bembridge, Troy Schwab) scored the first goal of the night four seconds into the Cutthroats power play. The Rapid City Rush failed to match Denver's goal, leaving the Cutthroats in the lead 1-0 at the end of the first period.
Less than two minutes into the second period, Rapid City's Konrad Reeder (Jesse Schultz) tied the score on a 3-on-1 breakaway. Despite multiple opportunities to take the lead, the archrivals remained tied 1-1 for the next 38 minutes of play and sent the game into overtime.
After a scoreless five minutes in overtime, the Cutthroats lined up for the team's fifth shootout of the season. T.J. Fox scored the sole goal for Denver, while Rapid City needed only four shooters to win the shootout. Eric Giosa scored the game-winning goal for the Rapid City Rush to close the game 2-1 and tied the CHL record for most consecutive road wins. The Rush will look to break the Central Hockey League's record tomorrow night against the Cutthroats.
The Denver Cutthroats and Rapid City Rush will face off again on Saturday, December 21 at the Denver Coliseum. Puck drops at 6:00 PM, fans are encouraged to get to the game early to pick up their copy of the 2014 Denver Cutthroats team calendar (quantity limited). For ticket information, visit DenverCutthroats.com or call 866.464.2626.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 21, 2013
- Home-And-Home with Mallards Starts as Defensive Battle - St. Charles Chill
- Monumental Night for the Rush - Denver Cutthroats
- Rapid City Wins CHL Record 11th Straight on Road - CHL
- Heemskerk Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Central Hockey League Announces Suspensions - CHL
- Americans Look for Weekend Sweep against Brampton - Allen Americans
- Thunder Tripped by Sundogs 5-4 - Wichita Thunder
- Arizona Beats Wichita 5-4 - Arizona Sundogs
- Rush Tie League Record in Shootout Win - Denver Cutthroats
Other Recent Denver Cutthroats Stories
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Former Open Tryout Participant Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Denver Cutthroats Hold Third Annual Open Tryouts
- Denver Cutthroats Add Two More to 2014-15 Roster
- Two Veterans Add Depth to Cutthroats 2014-15 Roster