Royals Swing Deal with Hurricanes
Victoria, BC - The Victoria Royals today announced that the club has acquired 2001-born defenceman Nolan Jones from the Lethbridge Hurricanes in exchange for 2000-born forward Dino Kambeitz and a fourth round pick in the 2021 WHL Bantam Draft.
A product of Moose Jaw, SK, Jones suited up in 49 games for the Hurricanes last season and recorded 12 points (2g-10a) and 47 penalty minutes. The 18-year-old defender also played in all seven of Lethbridge's playoff contests and collected one assist and seven minutes in penalties.
The 6-2, 180 lb blueliner has played in 61 career WHL games and has collected 13 points (2g-11a). He was originally drafted by the Hurricanes in the second round, 41st overall, in the 2016 WHL Bantam Draft.
Kambeitz played in 67 regular season games with the Royals in 2018-19 and scored 25 points (9g-16a) to go along with 48 minutes in penalties. The 6-0, 208 lb forward has played in 138 career regular season games, all with Victoria (2016-19), and has tallied 43 points (20g-23a) and 102 penalty minutes.
The native of Parker, CO was selected by the Royals in the fifth round, 90th overall, in the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft.
Season Ticket packages are on sale now - reserve your seat for all 34 home games. Benefits include access to our flexible "Never Wasted Ticket" exchange policy, first opportunity on giveaway items, choice of best seats, and much more! Call our ticket office at 250-220-7889 or send an email to email@example.com for more info or to set up an appointment to view availability.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 13, 2019
- 2019 Silvertips Training Camp Presented by Jimmy John's Will be Open to the Public, Starts August 22 - Everett Silvertips
- Hurricanes Acquire Kambeitz & Pick from Victoria - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Royals Swing Deal with Hurricanes - Victoria Royals
- Dalton Gally signs with Norfolk Admirals - Kelowna Rockets
- 2019 Training Camp Ice Session Schedule Announced - Spokane Chiefs
- Hollett Not Returning - Medicine Hat Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.