Hurricanes Acquire Kambeitz & Pick from Victoria
LETHBRIDGE, AB - The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club have acquired 19-year-old forward Dino Kambeitz and a fourth round pick in the 2021 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft from the Victoria Royals in exchange for 18-year-old defenseman Nolan Jones.
Kambeitz, 19, was originally drafted by the Royals in the fifth round (90th overall) in the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft. The product of Parker, Colorado appeared in 67 regular season games in 2018-2019 registering 25 points (9g-16a) along with 48 penalty minutes. Kambeitz added five goals and seven points in 10 post-season games.
The 6'0", 201-pound forward has skated in 138 regular season games with the Royals totaling 43 points (20g-23a) along with 102 penalty minutes while adding eight points (5g-3a) and eight penalty minutes in 13 career playoff games. Prior to joining the Royals, Kambeitz spent two seasons at the Edge School in Calgary.
Jones, 18, was drafted by the Hurricanes in second round (41st) overall in the 2016 draft. He appeared in career games with the 'Canes tallying 13 points (2g-11a) and 49 penalty minutes while adding one assist in eight post-season games.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 13, 2019
- 2019 Silvertips Training Camp Presented by Jimmy John's Will be Open to the Public, Starts August 22 - Everett Silvertips
- Hurricanes Acquire Kambeitz & Pick from Victoria - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Royals Swing Deal with Hurricanes - Victoria Royals
- Dalton Gally signs with Norfolk Admirals - Kelowna Rockets
- 2019 Training Camp Ice Session Schedule Announced - Spokane Chiefs
- Hollett Not Returning - Medicine Hat Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.