Royals Sign Forward Luciano Aquino
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs of the National Hockey League and the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League, today announced that the organization has signed forward Luciano Acquino ["ah KEEN oh"]. In separate transactions also announced today, the Royals: (i) activated defenseman Rob LaLonde from the 30-Day Injured Reserve; (ii) and signed goaltender Rob Lemelin as an emergency back-up goaltender.
Aquino (5'10/200) (23), who is entering his third year of pro, scored forty-one goals, assisted on fifty others (ninety-one points), and picked up 114 penalty minutes in seventy-four games with the Fort Wayne Komets of the International Hockey League last season. He led his team and IHL rookies in goals, assists, points and power play goals (15); and, for his efforts, was named the league's Rookie of the Year. He also racked up thirteen points (6g-7a) in thirteen playoff games with the Komets. In his first year of pro (2006-07), Aquino, who hails from Mississauga, Ontario, scored eight goals and assisted on twenty others in 33 ECHL games with the Utah Grizzlies and Pensacola Ice Pilots. That season, Aquino, who was a seventh round pick of the New York Islanders in 2005, also scored two goals and picked up an assist in thirteen games with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the AHL.
The Royals are at the Sovereign Center for a pair this weekend starting tonight, Saturday (November 15), against the Trenton Devils (7:05 pm) and Sunday (November 16) against the Cincinnati Cyclones (5:05 pm). This weekend's games will be live on the Royals Radio Network Presented by Transmissions by Arbogast (True Oldies WRAW 1340 am in Reading; and The Ticket WLAN 1390 am in Lancaster). The Royals internet audio webcast, hosted by Sportsjuice.com, is available through the Royals' website. To become a part of Royals hockey, call 610-898-PUCK or log onto www.royalshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 15, 2008
- Salmon Kings Sweep Away RoadRunners 9-0 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Reading Dropped By Devils, 4-1 - Reading Royals
- Chiefs detonate Bombers - Johnstown Chiefs
- Checkers drop Sea Wolves in OT - Charlotte Checkers
- Nailers record big victory - Wheeling Nailers
- Tough Goaltending Stumps Jackals - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Laugh Last in 3-2 Shootout Victory - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bombers Fall 4-1 To Johnstown At Hobart Arena - Dayton Bombers
- T-Devils Wreck Royals, 4-1 - Trenton Devils
- Lynx fall in Florida 5-2 - Augusta Lynx
- Gladiators drop 3-2 Shootout Decision to Stingrays - Atlanta Gladiators
- Checkers checkmate Sea Wolves 3-2 in OT - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Carlson's hat-trick gives Blades sixth straight win - Florida Everblades
- Wranglers Receive Carpentier From Flames - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Royals Sign Forward Luciano Aquino - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Ontario Reign Vs. Stockton Thunder - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Ontario Reign - Stockton Thunder
- Paddock Becomes 368th Player To Play In NHL After ECHL - ECHL
- Former RoadRunners' Center Paddock Makes NHL Debut - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Lamoureux too good for Grizzlies - Alaska Aces
- Steelheads Strangle The Wranglers, 6-1 - Idaho Steelheads
- Thunder forces overtime on late Petruic goal, drops second shootout defeat - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Prey On Condors In 3-2 Win - Ontario Reign
- Salmon Kings Strike Down Roadrunners At Home - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Ontario swipes win from Condors, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Grizzlies Fall 5-1 in Alaska - Utah Grizzlies
- Las Vegas Falls to Idaho, 6-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.