Royals Host Game 5 Versus Giants on Saturday
Victoria, BC - The Victoria Royals will face the Vancouver Giants, on Saturday night at 7:05 p.m., in Game 5 of Round 1 of the 2018 WHL Playoffs presented by League and Williams Law, Double N Hardwood Floors, Victoria Hyundai, Gillis Plumbing and Dodd's Furniture & Mattress.
BOUNCING BACK: Victoria holds a record of 4-1 in their five previous Game 4's following a loss in Game 3, which dates back to the 2015 WHL Playoffs. The Royals earned Game 4 victories over the Prince George Cougars (2015), Kelowna Rockets (2015), Spokane Chiefs (2016) and Everett Silvertips (2017) after previously dropping Game 3.
FEISTY AFFAIR: During their first three games of their post-season match-up, the Royals and Giants have combined for a total of 92 penalty minutes, which is the second highest of all the Round 1 series in the 2018 WHL Playoffs. Victoria has recorded 38 penalty minutes, while Vancouver has marked 54. The Lethbridge Hurricanes vs. Red Deer Rebels series has the highest total, as the two teams have been accountable for 130 penalty minutes combined.
SATURDAY - 7:05 p.m.
Single game tickets to Game 5 versus Vancouver are on sale at the Select Your Ticket Box Office and start at just $19.00. Tickets are available over the phone at 250-220-7777, online at www.victoriaroyals.com or in-person at the Select Your Tickets Box Office.
Victoria Hyundai Musical Chairs (first intermission)
- Five fans will compete in a game of musical chairs for a chance to win a vehicle detail package, courtesy of Victoria Hyundai.
League and Williams Trike Race (second intermission)
- Contestants will race around the ice in tricycles for a chance to win a dash cam, courtesy of League and Williams Law.
The Royals and Giants will clash in Game 4 of their first round match-up tomorrow night in Langley. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 p.m and will be televised live on Sportsnet. Vancouver currently holds a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven series.
Group together and save big. Ask about the benefits and savings on our great packages for groups of eight or more! For full details call the Royals' Ticketing Office at 250-220-7889 or email them at [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from March 28, 2018
- Ian Furness & Dave "Softy" Mahler to Broadcast from Accesso ShoWare Center Friday - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Royals Host Game 5 Versus Giants on Saturday - Victoria Royals
- Winterhawks Game Day Preview: Portland at Spokane - Portland Winterhawks
- Giants to Host Game 2 of the 2018 CIBC Canada-Russia Series - Vancouver Giants
- Host Cities Announced for 2018 CIBC Canada-Russia Series - WHL
- Kamloops Named a Host City for 2018 CIBC Canada-Russia Series - Kamloops Blazers
- Just Three Days Remain to Take Advantage of ICE 18-19 Season Seat Renewal Pricing - Kootenay Ice
- Round 1 Game 4 vs. Brandon - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Game Day Preview: Pats Look to Even First Round Series in Game Four - Regina Pats
- Fonteyne, Hart Lead Silvertips to Series Lead - Everett Silvertips
- Hurricanes' Power Play Sinks Rebels Once Again - Red Deer Rebels
- Giants Down the Royals 5-1; Take 2-1 Series Lead - Vancouver Giants
- Royals Upended by Giants in Game 3 - Victoria Royals
- Raiders Fall In Overtime In Game 3 - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.