Royals Upended by Giants in Game 3
Langley, BC - The Victoria Royals were bested 5-1 by the Vancouver Giants on Tuesday night and now trail their best-of-seven series 2-1.
Gamesheet - http://whl.ca/gamecentre/1015454/boxscore
Royals - Noah Gregor 1g-0a, Jared Freadrich 0g-1a, Ralph Jarratt 0g-1a.
Vancouver - Milos Roman 1g-2a, Tyler Benson 1g-1a (Game Winner), Ty Ronning 0g-2a, Brennan Riddle 0g-2a, Owen Hardy 1g-0a, Bowen Byram 1g-0a, James Malm 1g-0a, Jared Dmytriw 0g-1a, Matt Barberis 0g-1a, David Tendeck 0g-1a.
Royals - Griffen Outhouse (L) - 59:56 Mins, 28 saves on 33 shots
Vancouver - David Tendeck (W) - 59:47 Mins, 35 saves on 36 shots
Royals - 1/5=20.0%
Vancouver - 1/4=25.0%
Powerplay on the Road - The Royals have scored a powerplay goal in four of their five previous away post-season contests. In those games, Victoria has posted a mark of 6/20=30.0% with the man-advantage.
Bouncing Back - Victoria holds a record of 4-1 in their five previous Game 4's following a loss in Game 3, which dates back to the 2015 WHL Playoffs. The Royals earned Game 4 victories over the Prince George Cougars (2015), Kelowna Rockets (2015), Spokane Chiefs (2016) and Everett Silvertips (2017) after dropping Game 3.
Mainland Men - Victoria forwards Dante Hannoun (Delta) and Kaid Oliver (White Rock) returned home tonight as both originate from the Greater Vancouver Area.
Next Up - The Royals and Giants will clash in Game 4 of their first round match-up Thursday night in Langley. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 p.m and will be televised live on Sportsnet.
Back to the Island - Victoria returns to the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre on Saturday night for Game 5 of the series, with puck drop slated for 7:05 p.m. Tickets can be purchased in person at the Select Your Tickets box office, over the phone by calling 250-220-7777, or online at www.selectyourtickets.com
Round 1 Playoff Schedule - The Royals' first round playoff schedule against the Vancouver Giants is as follows:
Game 4 - Thursday, March 29th - Langley Events Centre - 7:00 p.m. (Televised on Sportsnet)
Game 5 - Saturday, March 31st - Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre - 7:05 p.m. (if necessary)
Game 6 - Monday, April 2nd - Langley Events Centre - 2:00 p.m. (if necessary)
Game 7 - Tuesday, April 3rd - Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre - 7:05 p.m. (if necessary)
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from March 28, 2018
- Ian Furness & Dave "Softy" Mahler to Broadcast from Accesso ShoWare Center Friday - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Royals Host Game 5 Versus Giants on Saturday - Victoria Royals
- Winterhawks Game Day Preview: Portland at Spokane - Portland Winterhawks
- Giants to Host Game 2 of the 2018 CIBC Canada-Russia Series - Vancouver Giants
- Host Cities Announced for 2018 CIBC Canada-Russia Series - WHL
- Kamloops Named a Host City for 2018 CIBC Canada-Russia Series - Kamloops Blazers
- Just Three Days Remain to Take Advantage of ICE 18-19 Season Seat Renewal Pricing - Kootenay Ice
- Round 1 Game 4 vs. Brandon - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Game Day Preview: Pats Look to Even First Round Series in Game Four - Regina Pats
- Fonteyne, Hart Lead Silvertips to Series Lead - Everett Silvertips
- Hurricanes' Power Play Sinks Rebels Once Again - Red Deer Rebels
- Giants Down the Royals 5-1; Take 2-1 Series Lead - Vancouver Giants
- Royals Upended by Giants in Game 3 - Victoria Royals
- Raiders Fall In Overtime In Game 3 - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.