Royals Fall to Rockets in Season Finale
Kelowna, BC - The Victoria Royals were unable to finish the comeback versus the Kelowna Rockets on Wednesday night as they dropped their season finale by a 3-2 score. Victoria finishes with a record of 3-17-1-1 and finishes fifth in the BC Division.
Gamesheet - https://whl.ca/gamecentre/1017535/boxscore
Royals - Ty Yoder 1g-1a, Brayden Tracey 1g-1a, Keanu Derungs 1a, Graeme Bryks 1a
Kelowna - Alex Swetlikoff 1g-1a, Jake Lee 1g-1a, Noah Dorey 1g, Jackson DeSouza 1a, Dillon Hamaliuk 1a, Trevor Wong 1a
Royals - Adam Evanoff (L) - 58:07 min, 35 saves on 38 shots
Kelowna - Roman Basaran (W) - 60:00 min, 28 saves on 30 shots
Royals - 0/4=0%.
Kelowna - 0/5=0%.
GRADUATED: Tonight, was the last WHL game for 20-year-old players Matthew Smith, Brandon Cutler and Adam Evanoff. Smith was drafted by Victoria in the seventh round of the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft #145 overall. The Saskatoon, SK native has competed in 210 regular season games over four seasons as a member of the Royals and has accumulated 34 points (7g-27a). Cutler was drafted by the Red Deer Rebels in the 9th round (#192 overall) during the 2015 draft. For his career the Spruce Grove, AB native has played in 257 games for the Royals and Rebels while scoring 47 goals and 59 assists for 106 points. Evanoff was also drafted in the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft by the Moose Jaw Warriors. The Penticton native was taken in the 10th round (219th overall). For his career he has played in 116 games between the Warriors and Royals earning a 3.26 goals against average and a 0.902 save percentage while amassing a record of 49-50-8-3. We wish Matthew, Brandon and Adam the best of luck moving forward!
Next Game: This concludes our 2021 RE/MAX Hub season. See you next season! Stay tuned for ticket information in the coming months!
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 13, 2021
- Rebels Acquire Second Round Pick from Seattle - Red Deer Rebels
- T-Birds Acquire Rights to Gracyn Sawchyn - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Hagel Invited to Join Team Canada for World Championship; Earns Praise from Former Rebels Coach Sutter - Red Deer Rebels
- Reece Newkirk Signs with Islanders - Portland Winterhawks
- Successful 2020-21 WHL Season Highlighted by Effective Return to Play Protocols - WHL
- Goals for Mental Health Raises $19,455 as WHL Players Score in Support of CMHA - Red Deer Rebels
- Pats Rookie of the Year Goes to Bedard - Regina Pats
- Goals for Mental Health Raises $19,455 as WHL Players Score in Support of CMHA - WHL
- Rockets cap off season with 3-2 win - Kelowna Rockets
- Cougars Shut down in Season Finale - Prince George Cougars
- WHL Concludes Successful 2020-21 B.C. Division Regular Season in RE/MAX Hub Centres - WHL
- Kamloops Blazers Claim RE/MAX Cup as 2020-21 WHL B.C. Division Champions - WHL
- Royals Fall to Rockets in Season Finale - Victoria Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Victoria Royals Stories
- Victoria Royals Sign 2021 CHL Import Draft Pick Sebastian Wraneschitz
- Royals Acquire Massier from Pats for Maddocks
- Victoria Royals Gannon Laroque Drafted to the San Jose Sharks
- Victoria Royals Select Sebastian Wraneschitz in 2021 CHL Import Draft
- Victoria Royals Recognize Team Award Winners