Roster Moves Continue for Reign
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Ontario Reign, four-time ECHL Pacific Division Champions and proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's 2014 Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings and Winnipeg Jets, have announced that goaltender Jussi Olkinuora has been recalled to the St. John's IceCaps of the AHL by the Jets, while defenseman Kyle Bigos has been recalled to the AHL's Worcester Sharks. Additionally, forward Dylan Hood has been traded to the Missouri Mavericks in exchange for future considerations.
Olkinuora, 24, has appeared in 27 games with Ontario this season, sporting a 16-7-4 record, a 2.53 goals-against average and a .916 save percentage.
Bigos, 25, has played in 30 games for the Reign this season, posting 10 points (1g-9a) and 67 penalty minutes.
Hood, 24, had dressed in 19 games with Ontario this season, scoring three goals and adding two penalty minutes.
The Reign will host Stanley Cup Night, sponsored by the Ontario International Airport, on Friday, Jan. 30 at 7 p.m., which will allow the Reign to share the iconic championship trophy with all of the fans in attendance throughout the game. Personal photographs will be permitted.
The Ontario Reign and Ontario International Airport have partnered on this night to raise funds for Bob Hope USO of Ontario. Before taking photos with the Cup, fans will be asked to help "Fill the Cup" with donations to the USO, one of the Inland Empire's most important military organizations.
The Ontario Reign in partnership with the American Red Cross Inland Empire Chapter, will host Red Cross Jersey Night on Saturday Jan. 31 at 6 p.m.
The Reign players will wear specialty jerseys that will be auctioned off in a live auction on the ice immediately following the game against the Idaho Steelheads to benefit the local chapter of the American Red Cross.
The first 5,000 fans to enter Citizens Business Bank Arena will also receive a Dark Knight coin bank presented by the California National Guard.
The Ontario Reign Stretch Run Plan is back! Fans can now purchase their plans for as little as $45. Each Stretch Run Plans includes a ticket to four pre-selected games, free parking and a free pass to Knott's Berry Farm (valued at $65)!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 29, 2015
- Jubinville's Hat-Trick Lifts Oilers Past Beast - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Cruise to 6-2 Win over Rapid City - Allen Americans
- Rush Fall to Allen 6-2 - Rapid City Rush
- Minnesota Assigns Goaltender Johan Gustafsson - Alaska Aces
- Gauthier's All-Star Jersey up for Bid - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - January 29 - ECHL
- Bakersfield to Move to the American Hockey League - Bakersfield Condors
- Roster Moves Continue for Reign - Ontario Reign
- McPherson and Fullerton Head to Rochester - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Idaho Steelheads - Ontario Reign
- Reign Topple Steelheads in 7-2 Win - Ontario Reign
- Carey Recalled to Portland - Atlanta Gladiators
- Beast to Host First Ever 'Toss Your Jersey' Night - Brampton Beast
- Goaltender Martin Ouellette Loaned to Reading from Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- IceMen Go Pink this Weekend - Evansville IceMen
- 'Blades Acquire Defenseman Gleason Fournier from Orlando - Florida Everblades
- John McInnis Acquired from Florida - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Tulsa Oilers vs. Brampton Beast - Tonight at 7:05 p.m. - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Today - January 29 - ECHL
- Connolly, Gogol each collect two goals as Aces stay hot at home - Alaska Aces
- Eagles Late Rally Comes up Short, 5-4 - Colorado Eagles
- Royals Explode for Seven in Evansville to Extend Win Streak - Reading Royals
- Jackals Storm Past Cyclones in Third Period Comeback - Elmira Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.