Romario Williams out for Season with Left Ankle Injury
ATLANTA - Atlanta United today announced that forward Romario Williams will be out for the remainder of the season due to a ligament injury in his left ankle. Williams suffered the injury during training the week prior to Leg Two of the Eastern Conference Semifinals against New York City FC.
Williams, 24, saw action in 17 matches for Atlanta United this season. He scored his first career MLS goal on April 7 in a 5-0 victory against LAFC. He totaled 211 minutes, eight shots and three shots on target in his second season with the club. Williams also featured in seven games during Atlanta United 2's inaugural season in USL. He scored four goals including a brace on Oct. 7 against Charleston Battery in a 2-1 victory that earned him USL Player of the Week honors.
Atlanta United returns to action on Sunday, Nov. 25 when it hosts New York Red Bulls (5:00 p.m., ESPN) for Leg One of the Eastern Conference Championships.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 19, 2018
- Sounders FC Exercises Options on 10 Players - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas and Head Coach Oscar Pareja Mutually Agree to Part Ways - FC Dallas
- Romario Williams out for Season with Left Ankle Injury - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Announces 2018 Team Award Winners - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Cincinnati Signs Corben Bone - FC Cincinnati
- eMLS League Series Two Comes to Frisco in February - FC Dallas
- Dynamo Announce 2018 Team Award Winners - Houston Dynamo
- LA Galaxy to Host Inaugural 2019 eMLS League Series One in January - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati to Join eMLS in 2019; Announce First eMLS Player Signing - FC Cincinnati
- Major League Soccer and EA SPORTS Reveal Expanded Competitive FIFA Infrastructure, eMLS Cup Details and Additional Club Participation - MLS
- Philadelphia Union Exercise 2019 Options on Seven Players - Philadelphia Union
- D.C. United Announce That They Will Join eMLS in 2019 - D.C. United
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Dallas
- Ezequiel Barco Voted MLS Player of the Week
- Barco Brace Carries Atlanta United Past New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution
- Atlanta United, Major League Soccer Celebrate Earth Day with Fourth Annual Greener Goals Week of Service