eMLS League Series Two Comes to Frisco in February
Frisco, Texas - Major League Soccer, EA SPORTS and FC Dallas announced today an expanded eMLS season which will include an event in Frisco in February: eMLS League Series Two.
The competitive infrastructure for eMLS will expand to include the inaugural eMLS League Series presented by PlayStation. The 2019 eMLS League Series will be comprised of two events: eMLS League Series One, hosted in conjunction with the LA Galaxy in January, and eMLS League Series Two, with FC Dallas in February. Each of these eMLS League Series events will include participation from all eMLS professional FIFA players, including FC Dallas Homegrown eMLS player Alan Avila, and will result in their own distinct prize opportunities. eMLS player performance across the two eMLS League Series events will determine seeding for the 2019 eMLS Cup presented by PlayStation.
"Frisco is known as Sports City U.S.A. This incredible partnership with FC Dallas and MLS will bring a whole new aspect of sports to Frisco," said Visit Frisco Executive Director Marla Roe. "We are thrilled that Frisco was chosen to host eMLS League Series Two next year."
The 2019 eMLS season features 22 MLS clubs integrated into the competitive ecosystem, with Atlanta United, D.C. United and FC Cincinnati joining the competition for the first time, as players compete to represent their club at the 2019 eMLS Cup presented by PlayStation® from Sony Interactive Entertainment, having PlayStation®4 as the official console.
"We were thrilled with the success and excitement in year one of eMLS," said James Ruth, Senior Director of Properties and Events at Major League Soccer. "Working with our core partners, EA SPORTS and PlayStation, we are creating more opportunities for our players to compete and for our fans to engage with eMLS in 2019. eMLS League Series presented by PlayStation and the rest of our 2019 programming will push us closer to our goal of blurring the lines between traditional and digital soccer, while further elevating eMLS in the global FIFA competitive gaming community."
eMLS is an Official League Partner of the EA SPORTS FIFA 19 Global Series and eMLS players competing in eMLS Cup will receive points for the EA SPORTS Global Series Playoffs. Within the EA SPORTS FIFA 18 Global Series, FC Dallas eMLS player Alan Avila was one of six eMLS athletes who qualified for the Global Series Playoffs in Amsterdam.
"eMLS is an accelerant to growing fandom in North America through the increasing connection between virtual and real-world soccer," said Brent Koning, EA SPORTS FIFA Competitive Gaming Commissioner. "Our partnership with MLS and the 22 eMLS clubs elevates competitive FIFA through the power of sports and esports, and provides an engaging platform to attract new fans, sponsors and partners to the game."
Atlanta United FC, DC United and FC Cincinnati are three new clubs joining eMLS for 2019, bringing the total club participation count to 22. All 19 clubs that participated in the 2018 season of eMLS are returning: Chicago Fire, Colorado Rapids, Columbus Crew SC, FC Dallas, Houston Dynamo, LA Galaxy, Minnesota United FC, Montreal Impact, New England Revolution, New York City FC, New York Red Bulls, Orlando City SC, Philadelphia Union, Portland Timbers, San Jose Earthquakes, Seattle Sounders FC, Sporting Kansas City, Toronto FC, and Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
MLS announced eMLS, its competitive gaming platform, in January 2018. eMLS activates via competitive events linked to the EA SPORTS Global Series Playoffs, crossover events in tandem with MLS Big Events (e.g., MLS All-Star Game and Rivalry Week), and content tailored for the casual FIFA fan. The 2018 eMLS Cup presented by PlayStation was held in April at PAX East, one of the nation's largest gaming conventions. In August, Avila won the inaugural eMLS All-Star Challenge presented by Wells Fargo which also featured a 2 vs. 2 tournament with celebrities like Landon Donovan and Waka Flocka. This event won the inaugural Tempest Award for "Best New Event Stream" at the Esports Business Summit in Las Vegas in October.
For more information on eMLS, eMLS League Series and eMLS Cup, visit www.MLSsoccer.com/eMLS.
"PlayStation®" is a registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 19, 2018
- Sounders FC Exercises Options on 10 Players - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas and Head Coach Oscar Pareja Mutually Agree to Part Ways - FC Dallas
- Romario Williams out for Season with Left Ankle Injury - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Announces 2018 Team Award Winners - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Cincinnati Signs Corben Bone - FC Cincinnati
- eMLS League Series Two Comes to Frisco in February - FC Dallas
- Dynamo Announce 2018 Team Award Winners - Houston Dynamo
- LA Galaxy to Host Inaugural 2019 eMLS League Series One in January - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati to Join eMLS in 2019; Announce First eMLS Player Signing - FC Cincinnati
- Major League Soccer and EA SPORTS Reveal Expanded Competitive FIFA Infrastructure, eMLS Cup Details and Additional Club Participation - MLS
- Philadelphia Union Exercise 2019 Options on Seven Players - Philadelphia Union
- D.C. United Announce That They Will Join eMLS in 2019 - D.C. United
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- 5 Things You Need to Know About FC Dallas' Match vs Atlanta United
- FC Dallas Earns a 2-1 Win against Portland
- It's Saturday Night Lights: 5 Things You Need to Know About #FCDvPOR
- Costa Rica to Play Bermuda, Nicaragua to Play Haiti at Toyota Stadium in 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup
- FC Dallas Falls to Philadelphia Union 2-1