D.C. United Announce That They Will Join eMLS in 2019
D.C. United have announced that they will join eMLS, Major League Soccer's EA Sports FIFA league, beginning in the 2019 competitive season. The Black-and-Red will announce their first eMLS signing in the coming weeks.
By joining eMLS, United strive to remain at the forefront of growing soccer and competitive gaming in North America. The club aims to continue to promote deeper engagement nationally and internationally, and foster greater connections between MLS and eSports fans, by expanding into competitive gaming.
United will join 21 other MLS clubs for the 2019 eMLS season: Atlanta United, Chicago Fire, Colorado Rapids, Columbus Crew SC, FC Cincinnati, FC Dallas, Houston Dynamo, LA Galaxy, Minnesota United FC, Montreal Impact, New England Revolution, New York City FC, New York Red Bulls, Orlando City SC, Philadelphia Union, Portland Timbers, San Jose Earthquakes, Seattle Sounders FC, Sporting Kansas City, Toronto FC, and Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
MLS entered the eSports realm in 2018 with a new competitive EA Sports FIFA league in partnership with EA Sports and Sony PlayStation 4. The 2018 competitive season was headlined by eMLS Cup, MLS' elite competitive gaming event, at the highly-popular gaming festival PAX East in Boston.
Details on the 2019 eMLS competition schedule have yet to be released. For more information on eMLS, visit MLSsoccer.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 19, 2018
- Sounders FC Exercises Options on 10 Players - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas and Head Coach Oscar Pareja Mutually Agree to Part Ways - FC Dallas
- Romario Williams out for Season with Left Ankle Injury - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Announces 2018 Team Award Winners - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Cincinnati Signs Corben Bone - FC Cincinnati
- eMLS League Series Two Comes to Frisco in February - FC Dallas
- Dynamo Announce 2018 Team Award Winners - Houston Dynamo
- LA Galaxy to Host Inaugural 2019 eMLS League Series One in January - Los Angeles Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati to Join eMLS in 2019; Announce First eMLS Player Signing - FC Cincinnati
- Major League Soccer and EA SPORTS Reveal Expanded Competitive FIFA Infrastructure, eMLS Cup Details and Additional Club Participation - MLS
- Philadelphia Union Exercise 2019 Options on Seven Players - Philadelphia Union
- D.C. United Announce That They Will Join eMLS in 2019 - D.C. United
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Win 1-0 against the Tampa Bay Rowdies in the Suncoast Invitational
- D.C. United Acquire Veteran Midfielder/Defender Chris McCann
- 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Format and Schedule Finalized
- United Sign Defender Akeem Ward
- United Re-Sign Defender Oniel Fisher to a Contract Extension