Rockford and Manitoba Return for Tonight's Sock Drive
Rockford, Ill.- The Central Division-leading Rockford IceHogs (28-12-5-4) rematch with the Manitoba Moose (14-27-4-5) at 7 p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center. Tonight's contest is the last home game for the IceHogs until Saturday, March 5.
Fans will be able to enter the BMO starting at 6 p.m., an hour before the puck drops. The first 2,500 fans through the doors will receive a pair of IceHogs socks courtesy of BMO Harris Bank.
Fans are encouraged to donate a pair of new socks at the doors upon arriving to the game as part of the sock drive with BMO Harris Bank. Those who donate will receive an IceHogs ticket voucher for a pre-selected game. Fans can take part in the social chatter by posting a picture wearing their favorite pair of socks via social media using #BMOSockSelfie. Images will be shared on the videoboard throughout the game. Last year, more than 1,500 socks were collected during the donation period. This year, the goal is to collect 2,000 socks. All sock donations will help children in need through Project Undershare.
Those 21-and-older can get their weekend started early at the BMO at the Blues Flame Lounge Pre-Game Party. Hoodoo Rhythm will be performing while guests enjoy free appetizers and drink specials. Fans with a game ticket must enter through the upper-concourse level entrance on Elm St. near the box office. Doors open at 5:15 p.m. and only the first 150 will be permitted.
For tickets, purchase online at IceHogs.com, by phone (815) 968-5222, in person at the BMO?Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford, or any Ticketmaster outlet, including Walmart.
The game will be broadcast live locally on WIFR's "Justice Network" on 23.3 starting with IceHogs Warm Up at 6:30 p.m., as well as Comcast Cable channel 434, Charter Cable channel 194 or Mediacom Channel 102 in the Rockford market, and online through AHLLive.com. Fans can also listen for free online at WXRX.com or by using the IceHogs mobile app. Follow along on Twitter (@goIceHogs) for live updates throughout the game.
Rockford comes in to tonight's game after falling to Manitoba on Wednesday's School Day game by a score of 5-2. Despite the loss, the IceHogs are tied at the top of the Central Division with Milwaukee and rank tied for second in the Western Conference with 65 points and a .663 win percentage.
Despite his lack of scoring presence in Manitoba's 5-2 victory over the IceHogs, Chase De Leo remains the scoring leader for the Moose with 28 points (14g-14a). Containing the rookie forward's offensive power should prove beneficial for the home team. Rockford will also look to quiet Patrice Cormier who netted a hat trick on Wednesday.
Although the IceHogs were not victorious in their last game, forward Mark McNeill increased his goal-scoring streak to four games tying an IceHogs season-long streak, while also earning points (8g-7a) in 13 of his last 14 contests. McNeill ranks second in points (27) amongst IceHogs skaters, sitting one point behind Ryan Hartman, along with being tied for the team lead in goals scored (13).
Next Home Game: Saturday, March 5 vs. Lake Erie Monsters at 7 p.m. The IceHogs return to the BMO Harris Bank Center off a five-game road trip. The contest will be the first of a back-to-back series against their rivals from Cleveland. The first 2,500 fans in attendance will receive a Scott Darling bobblehead, courtesy of Vienna Beef.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2016
- Pirates Battle Back, But Fall to Americans - Portland Pirates
- High-Flying Affair Sees Penguins Fall to Marlies, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Snap Nine-Game Skid, Defeat Comets, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Drop First of Two-Game Set to Charlotte - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Akeson, Amerks Sink Pirates in Overtime - Rochester Americans
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Stolarz Shines (37 Saves) as Phantoms Double up Falcons 2-1 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rampage Drop Overtime Decision to Monsters 4-3 - San Antonio Rampage
- Chaput's Heroics Headline Monsters' 4-3 OT Win over Rampage - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers End Skid in Grand Fashion, Beat Griffins 4-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- B-Sens Outlast IceCaps - Binghamton Senators
- IceCaps Shaded 2-1 by Senators - St. John's IceCaps
- Falcons Knocked off by Phantoms - Springfield Falcons
- Comets Point Streak Snapped in Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Condors Game Preview: Condors Riding Five-Game Winning Streak - Bakersfield Condors
- Hellberg, Wolf Pack Feeding off of Each Other's Confidence - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks Hall of Fame Night Set for Friday, March 4 - Rochester Americans
- Rockford and Manitoba Return for Tonight's Sock Drive - Rockford IceHogs
- Pacific Division Leaders Collide Tonight as Reign Host Stars - Ontario Reign
- Iowa Returns Hoffman to Quad City - Iowa Wild
- Flames Recall Defenseman Tyler Wotherspoon from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Pacific Division Leaders Collide Tonight as Reign Host Stars - Ontario Reign
- Social Media Night, McCollum Bobblehead and Pennant Giveaway in Store for Griffins Home Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Sneak Peak vs. St. John's - Binghamton Senators
- Moose Assign Jiri Fronk to Tulsa - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Reveal 2020-21 Preseason and Regular Season Schedule
- Entwistle and Johnson Join Blackhawks Taxi Squad
- IceHogs Add Trio of Blackhawks Prospects to 2020-21 Roster
- Quenneville and Tomkins Among Four Players Assigned to IceHogs from Blackhawks
- IceHogs Receive 10 Players from the Chicago Blackhawks Ahead of 2020-21 Season