Iowa Returns Hoffman to Quad City
DES MOINES, IA - Iowa Wild General Manager Brent Flahr announced on Friday the American Hockey League (AHL) club has assigned goalie Brody Hoffman to the Quad City Mallards, Iowa's ECHL affiliate.
Hoffman, 25 (2/18/91), was recalled on Thursday to back up Leland Irving in Iowa's 3-2 OT win at Chicago. He has yet to make his AHL debut with Iowa. The rookie goaltender has spent the bulk of the year with Quad City. In 26 appearances with the Mallards, Hoffman is 11-12-1 with a 2.84 GAA and a .908 SV%. He spent his entire 2014-15 season with the University of Vermont in Hockey East, playing in 22 games and posting a 2.06 GAA and .922 SV%. He ranked second in Hockey East and 18th in the NCAA in GAA. The 6-foot-4, 205-pound native of Wilkie, Saskatchewan, posted a record of 34-33-9 with a 2.45 GAA, a .914 SV% and three shutouts in 78 games during three seasons with the Catamounts. Hoffman signed a one- year entry-level deal with the Minnesota Wild on Mar. 30, 2015.
Iowa concludes a three-game road trip on Sunday, Feb. 21 in Milwaukee. The team returns home for two games against the Manitoba Moose on Monday, Feb. 22 and Wednesday, Feb. 24. Free parking will be available until all the Iowa Events Center lots are full courtesy of HITS 99.9 FM. Ticket specials, also sponsored by HITS 99.9 FM, will be available to those who bring their own student ID. A second ticket will be rewarded for only $0.99 with the purchase of a defense preferred ticket and a valid student ID. Wednesday's game will kick-start "Winning Wednesdays" at Wells Fargo Arena. If the Iowa Wild win all fans in attendance will receive a ticket to the next Wednesday home game (Mar. 30) courtesy of NASH ICON. The Wild will also be hosting a "Read Across America Book Drive". Fans who donate a book will receive a ticket voucher to a future Iowa Wild game. Wednesday will also be "Jim Beam and NASH FM Guys Night", featuring drink specials of $5 Beam Orchard Twists and $10 Beam Orchard Twists in a mason jar.
Fans may purchase single-game tickets multiple ways, either through the team's website - www.Iowawild.com , the Wells Fargo Arena box office or participating Hy-Vee food stores. Tickets are available online at www.Iowawild.com under the single game tickets tab. The Wells Fargo Arena box office is open Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and closed on Sunday. For Saturday game days, the box office will open at 10 a.m. For Sunday game days the box office will open at 12 p.m. Fans may also purchase tickets by calling 1-844-55-HYVEE or by visiting participating Hy-Vee food stores locations in the greater Des Moines area. Those interested may also visit www.hy-veetix.com. Fans interested in buying full season, or smaller season packages may call the Iowa Wild front office at 515-564-8700.
The Iowa Wild 2015-16 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center, it runs from October through April. Fans may purchase seats to see any of the team's 38 regular season home games at Wells Fargo Arena. Season tickets to see the Wild play its 2015-16 season at Wells Fargo Arena start at just $9 per game. For more information on tickets, including ticket plans and group seating, please contact the Wild ticket office by calling 515-564-8700 or go to www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2016
- Pirates Battle Back, But Fall to Americans - Portland Pirates
- High-Flying Affair Sees Penguins Fall to Marlies, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Snap Nine-Game Skid, Defeat Comets, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Drop First of Two-Game Set to Charlotte - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Akeson, Amerks Sink Pirates in Overtime - Rochester Americans
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Stolarz Shines (37 Saves) as Phantoms Double up Falcons 2-1 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rampage Drop Overtime Decision to Monsters 4-3 - San Antonio Rampage
- Chaput's Heroics Headline Monsters' 4-3 OT Win over Rampage - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers End Skid in Grand Fashion, Beat Griffins 4-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- B-Sens Outlast IceCaps - Binghamton Senators
- IceCaps Shaded 2-1 by Senators - St. John's IceCaps
- Falcons Knocked off by Phantoms - Springfield Falcons
- Comets Point Streak Snapped in Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Condors Game Preview: Condors Riding Five-Game Winning Streak - Bakersfield Condors
- Hellberg, Wolf Pack Feeding off of Each Other's Confidence - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks Hall of Fame Night Set for Friday, March 4 - Rochester Americans
- Rockford and Manitoba Return for Tonight's Sock Drive - Rockford IceHogs
- Pacific Division Leaders Collide Tonight as Reign Host Stars - Ontario Reign
- Iowa Returns Hoffman to Quad City - Iowa Wild
- Flames Recall Defenseman Tyler Wotherspoon from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Pacific Division Leaders Collide Tonight as Reign Host Stars - Ontario Reign
- Social Media Night, McCollum Bobblehead and Pennant Giveaway in Store for Griffins Home Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Sneak Peak vs. St. John's - Binghamton Senators
- Moose Assign Jiri Fronk to Tulsa - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.