Rockers Shut out Patriots 4-0
Bridgewater, NJ - The High Point Rockers (3-1) defeated the Somerset Patriots (2-2) 4-0 at TD Bank Ballpark in the first ever meeting between the two teams on Monday evening.
High Point's starter Paul Clemens (1-0) pitched six hitless and scoreless innings to earn the win.
The Rockers took a 2-0 lead in top of the third inning on an RBI triple by Breland Almadova and an RBI groundout by Tyler Ladendorf.
Quincy Latimore's two-run double in the top of the sixth inning gave High Point a 4-0 advantage, which would be the final.
Thomas Dorminy (0-1) suffered the loss, allowing two earned runs on four hits in four innings of work.
The 2019 Somerset Patriots Season presented by Ford will continue at home with a 6:35 pm game against the High Point Rockers on Tuesday, April 30th at TD Bank Ballpark. The games includes Most Improved Student Night presented by NJEA. For tickets, stop by the box office located at TD Bank Ballpark, call (908) 252-0700, or visit www.somersetpatriots.com.
Images from this story
Somerset Patriots pitcher Thomas Dorminy
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from April 29, 2019
- Lancaster Cools Off Streaking Long Island Ducks, 4-2 - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Blue Crabs Struggle to Get Bats Going in 7-1 Loss - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- Late Rally Falls Short in Lancaster - Long Island Ducks
- Rockers Shut out Patriots 4-0 - Somerset Patriots
- New York Yankees Purchase Contract of RHP Andrew Bellatti - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger