River Dragons Select Three Players in Delaware/Motor City Dispersal Drafts
Columbus, GA - The Columbus River Dragons have acquired the rights to three players for the 2020-21 season via the dispersal drafts of the Motor City Rockers and Delaware Thunder who have both elected to go dormant for the season.
With the first overall selection in the Delaware dispersal draft, the River Dragons selected Taylor Cutting. Cutting is a fourth year pro with time spent in Sweden and FPHL stops in Danville and Delaware. Cutting brings an element of toughness to the Columbus roster as he averages 6.3 PIMs per game as a professional, including a season of 256 PIMs in 20 games in Sweden's Division 3.
With the 15th overall selection in the Delaware dispersal draft, Columbus selected forward Nathan Pelligra. Pelligra is going into this third professional season and is a frequent shuttler between the FPHL and SPHL. In his young pro career he has seen time in Danville, Elmira, Battle Creek and Delaware (prior to dormancy) in the FPHL and Quad City and Peoria in the SPHL. Pelligra is classified as a rookie despite his many stops with only 50 professional games played, something the River Dragons have identified as a need this year.
The River Dragons passed in the third and final round of the Delaware dispersal draft.
With the second overall pick in the Motor City dispersal draft the River Dragons selected defenseman Dante Suffredini. Suffredini was set to make his pro debut with the Motor City Rockers before their dormancy and was an alum of both UMass-Boston (NCAA D-III) and Trine University (NCAA-DIII and ACHA D2). His junior hockey career was spent mostly in the NAHL with stops in the Soo, Janesville and Johnstown.
The FPHL season is tentatively scheduled to start December 18th.
• Discuss this story on the Federal Prospects Hockey League message board...
Federal Prospects Hockey League Stories from October 22, 2020
- Dashers Acquire New, Familiar Faces in Dispersal Draft - Danville Dashers
- River Dragons Select Three Players in Delaware/Motor City Dispersal Drafts - Columbus River Dragons
- Prowlers Select Four in Dispersal Draft - Port Huron Prowlers
- Goaltender Peter Di Salvo Signs With Danbury - Danbury Hat Tricks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus River Dragons Stories
- River Dragons Put up 7 in Home Opener; Defeat Prowlers
- Hergott, Oliveri Headline Reinforcements Picked up Ahead of Port Huron Weekend
- Port Huron Goal Spree Enough to Secure the Team's First 3 Points
- River Dragons Roll to First 3 Point Win of Season
- 2021 River Dragons Ticketing Information