Rio Tinto Stadium to Host UHSAA Boys Soccer Championships
SANDY, Utah (Thursday, May 9, 2013) - The best in Utah Boys High School Soccer will get a chance to show their stuff at Rio Tinto Stadium this month, as the Sandy facility will serve as host venue for the UHSAA Boys High School Soccer Championships for the fourth consecutive year.
Rio Tinto Stadium will host the Class 2A and Class 3A Championships this Saturday. The 2A clash is slated for 11:00 a.m., followed by the 3A matchup at 1:30 p.m. The Class 4A and 5A Championships will be held on Rio Tinto Stadium's big stage on Thursday, May 23, with the 5A final set to kick at 4:30 p.m., followed by the 4A final at 7:00 p.m.
Tickets for both Saturday's and the May 23 championship matches will be available for purchase at the Rio Tinto Stadium box office on both gamedays, with student tickets available for $4 and adult tickets for $6. Fans should note that paid parking will be available on-site at Rio Tinto Stadium on both Saturday and on May 23 for $5.
The 2A and 3A Championship pairings will be set following Friday's semifinal round. The 2A Championship will pit the winner of the American Leadership Academy and Summit Academy semifinal against the winner of the Manti High School and St. Joseph High School semi. Both 2A semifinals will be played at Juan Diego High School in Draper. The 3A semifinals will matchup Park City High School against Desert Hills High School and Wasatch High School against Ogden High School. The 3A semifinals will be played just down State St. from Rio Tinto Stadium at Jordan High School in Sandy.
The 4A and 5A state tournaments will begin next week, with the 5A tournament kicking off on Tuesday, May 14 and the 4A competition getting underway on Wednesday, May 15.
2012/13 UHSAA passes will be honored at Rio Tinto Stadium for the UHSAA Boys High School Soccer Championships on Saturday and on May 23.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 9, 2013
- Robbie Keane and Todd Dunivant Return to Training after Injury Layoff - Los Angeles Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Head to Vancouver Aiming for Three Points against Whitecaps - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Vilchez ready for his return - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Suspends Chivas USA Midfielder Carlos Alvarez and Fines Philadelphia and - MLS
- Juan Agudelo Both "Shocked and Excited" by Trade to Revolution - New England Revolution
- Philadelphia Union to Host Party on the Plaza Before Game vs. LA - Philadelphia Union
- Rio Tinto Stadium to Host UHSAA Boys Soccer Championships - Real Salt Lake
- Black & Gold by the Numbers - Columbus Crew SC
- Crew Youth Update - Columbus Crew SC
- Omar Salgado Undergoes Successful Surgery - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Cruz Selected to EA SPORTS FIFA 13 Ultimate Team of the Week - Philadelphia Union
- Toronto FC Acquire Israeli International Ben Haim - Toronto FC
- San Jose Earthquakes Come from Behind to Top Toronto FC 2-1 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Extend Unbeaten Run to Eight, Earn Draw at FC Dallas - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Remains Unbeaten at Home; Draws Portland Timbers FC, 1-1 - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Gets by Revolution 2-1 - New England Revolution
- Sporting KC Suffers 1-0 Loss to Seattle Sounders FC - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Downs New England 2-1 in Dramatic Fashion - Real Salt Lake
- Seattle Sounders FC Tip Sporting Kansas City Late 1-0 - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- Real Salt Lake Hires Rob Zarkos as Executive VP of Soccer Operations
- Real Salt Lake Announces Full 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Real Salt Lake Selects Two in 2019 MLS SuperDraft
- Real Salt Lake Re-Signs MF Luke Mulholland
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2019 MLS Regular Season Schedule