Crew Youth Update
COLUMBUS- After a week off, the Crew Soccer Academy returned to action at the Crew's training facility in Obetz, Ohio on May 4-5. The U-16 squad went 1-1-0 on the weekend, beating Chicago Magic PSG 3-1 on Sunday after falling 1-0 to the Chicago Fire U-16's on Saturday, May 4. The U-18's swept the weekend with a 1-0 win over the Chicago Fire U-18 squad on Saturday and a come-from-behind 3-2 victory against Chicago Magic PSG on Sunday, May 5. Both sides travel to Michigan to face Vardar SC Freiburg on Saturday, May 11.
The CSA Wolves U-16 and U-18 squads traveled to St. Louis to face the Scott Gallagher Metro and Missouri sides over the weekend. The Wolves U-16's were victorious in both matches on the weekend, beating the St. Louis Scott Gallagher Metro U-16 squad 4-2 on Saturday and downing the SLSG Missouri U-16s 3-0 on Sunday to remain in first-place in the Central Conference. The CSA Wolves U-18's went 0-1-1 on the weekend, drawing the SLSG Metro U-18s 1-1 on Saturday and losing to the SLSG Missouri U-18 squad 3-2 on Sunday. Both the CSA Wolves U-16 and U-18 squads resume play on May 18 against the Indiana Fire.
In the Girls' State Cup, the U-15 and U-16 Crew Juniors Gold squads advanced to the semi-finals of the tournament. The U-15's went 2-0-1 on the weekend and face the CUP Black squad on Saturday. The U-16 team swept the weekend, going 3-0-0 and will play the Fairfield Optimist Soccer Club U-16's on Saturday in the semis.
CREW YOUTH ROUNDUP
After losing 1-0 to the Chicago Fire U-16's on Saturday, CSA rebounded on Sunday to beat Chicago Magic PSG 3-1 behind two goals from Omar Mohamed and one from Silankonet Bayo. CSA will play Vardar SC Freiburg in Michigan on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET at Winstar Sports Complex.
The first-place CSA Wolves beat the SLSG Metros 4-2 as Kosti Moni netted a brace and Bryan Prudil and Ken Krolicki added a tally each on Saturday. On Sunday, the Wolves were victorious again beating SLSG Missouri 3-0 on Sunday. CSA Wolves return to action on May 18 against the Indiana Fire at 4:30 p.m. at the IUPUI Turf Field in Indianapolis.
The CSA U-18's moved to fourth-place in the Central Conference with wins over the Chicago Fire and Chicago Magic PSG. Quinn Miller's headed goal from a John Schumann cross was the difference in the Black & Gold's 1-0 win over the Fire on Saturday. On Sunday, Andrew McKelvey scored two goals and Noah Hutchins netted the winner in a comeback 3-2 win over Chicago Magic PSG. The CSA U-18's take on Vardar SC Freiburg at Winstar Sports Complex at 1:00 p.m. ET on Saturday.
Oliver Harris scored an 89th-minute equalizer as the CSA Wolves U-18 team salvaged a point against the SLSG Metro U-18s on Saturday. Despite goals from Zack Atwood and Brenton-Neal Desai, the Wolves U-18's fell to SLSG Missouri 3-2 on Sunday. The Wolves return to play on May 18 against the Indiana Fire at 2:00 p.m. at the IUPUI Turf Field in Indianapolis.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 9, 2013
- Robbie Keane and Todd Dunivant Return to Training after Injury Layoff - Los Angeles Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Head to Vancouver Aiming for Three Points against Whitecaps - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Vilchez ready for his return - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Suspends Chivas USA Midfielder Carlos Alvarez and Fines Philadelphia and - MLS
- Juan Agudelo Both "Shocked and Excited" by Trade to Revolution - New England Revolution
- Philadelphia Union to Host Party on the Plaza Before Game vs. LA - Philadelphia Union
- Rio Tinto Stadium to Host UHSAA Boys Soccer Championships - Real Salt Lake
- Black & Gold by the Numbers - Columbus Crew SC
- Crew Youth Update - Columbus Crew SC
- Omar Salgado Undergoes Successful Surgery - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Cruz Selected to EA SPORTS FIFA 13 Ultimate Team of the Week - Philadelphia Union
- Toronto FC Acquire Israeli International Ben Haim - Toronto FC
- San Jose Earthquakes Come from Behind to Top Toronto FC 2-1 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Extend Unbeaten Run to Eight, Earn Draw at FC Dallas - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Remains Unbeaten at Home; Draws Portland Timbers FC, 1-1 - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Gets by Revolution 2-1 - New England Revolution
- Sporting KC Suffers 1-0 Loss to Seattle Sounders FC - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Downs New England 2-1 in Dramatic Fashion - Real Salt Lake
- Seattle Sounders FC Tip Sporting Kansas City Late 1-0 - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Statement from Precourt Sports Ventures
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Stade Saputo to Face the Montreal Impact Today
- Four Columbus Crew SC Players Receive International Call-Ups
- Columbus Crew SC Transfers Midfielder Mohammed Abu to Norwegian First Division Side Valerenga Fotball
- Columbus Crew SC's Zack Steffen and Wil Trapp Receive International Call-Ups from the United States Men's National Team