Riders Sign 2020 First-Round CFL Draft Selection Mattland Riley
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have announced the signing of their 2020 first-round selection, offensive lineman Mattland Riley.
Riley (6'3 - 300lbs) was selected by the Riders 7th overall in the 2020 CFL Draft. The Melfort product spent four seasons at the University of Saskatchewan appearing in 31 games for the Huskies, and playing his final season at left guard. In 2019, Riley was part of the offensive line that lifted its running back to an incredible 1,610 yards and nine touchdowns on 195 carries.
He boasts an impressive collegiate career that included being named a two-time Canada West All-Star and a U SPORTS first-team all-Canadian. He also played for Team West in the U SPORTS East-West Bowl in 2018. In 2017, Riley helped the Huskies win the Hardy Cup bringing it back to the University of Saskatchewan for the first time in 10 years.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 18, 2021
- Defensive Back L.J. McCray Stays in Riderville - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Boatmen Sign DB Jeff Richards; Extend DB Crezdon Butler, LB Curtis Akins & OL Jatitus Allen - Toronto Argonauts
- RedBlacks Sign American Trio - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Move the Chains: Conversations About Diversity and Inclusion in Pro Football - B.C. Lions
- Kasitati Remains with Stampeders - Calgary Stampeders
- Riders Sign 2020 First-Round CFL Draft Selection Mattland Riley - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Royce Rolls on with Stampeders - Calgary Stampeders
- RedBlacks Re-Sign Fernandez, Flanders and Saunders - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.