Defensive Back L.J. McCray Stays in Riderville
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have announced that American defensive back L.J. McCray has signed a one-year contract extension.
McCray (6'0-210lbs) remains with the Green and White after initially signing with the Club in April of 2019. McCray was part of a strong core of Roughrider defensive backs and in his first season made 47 defensive tackles and three interceptions over 13 games played. In addition, McCray started in the 2019 West Final and made five tackles.
Prior to coming the Roughriders, the South Carolinian was signed by the San Francisco 49ers as an undrafted free agent. He played in 22 games over the 2014 and 2015 seasons and made 14 tackles. After San Francisco, he spent time with the Carolina Panthers and the Buffalo Bills.
McCray played collegiately at Catawba College (2009-2013) where he was named First Team All-South Atlantic Conference in 2012 after making 79 tackles and two interceptions in 11 games played.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 18, 2021
- Defensive Back L.J. McCray Stays in Riderville - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Boatmen Sign DB Jeff Richards; Extend DB Crezdon Butler, LB Curtis Akins & OL Jatitus Allen - Toronto Argonauts
- RedBlacks Sign American Trio - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Move the Chains: Conversations About Diversity and Inclusion in Pro Football - B.C. Lions
- Kasitati Remains with Stampeders - Calgary Stampeders
- Riders Sign 2020 First-Round CFL Draft Selection Mattland Riley - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Royce Rolls on with Stampeders - Calgary Stampeders
- RedBlacks Re-Sign Fernandez, Flanders and Saunders - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.