Kasitati Remains with Stampeders
The Calgary Stampeders have re-signed American offensive lineman Nila Kasitati.
Born: Apr. 25, 1993
Birthplace: Pago Pago, AS
"I'm pleased to have Nila back with the Red and White," said Stampeders president and general manager John Hufnagel. "He had a solid season for us at right tackle in 2019 and he has the ability to once again be an important part of our offensive line this coming season."
Born in American Samoa and raised in Texas, Kasitati started 16 games at right tackle in 2019, his second season with the Stampeders. He was part of an offensive line that allowed just 34 sacks, the second-lowest total in the CFL. Kasitati also started at right tackle for the Western Semi-Final.
"I'm really excited for another opportunity to play for the Stampeders," said Kasitati. "I can't wait to get back to work."
Kasitati has played 20 career regular-season games for Calgary, making 18 starts at right tackle and two at centre.
In college, Kasitati played 42 games over four seasons at Oklahoma. As a senior in 2015, he started all 13 games at right guard for the Sooners and was named first-team all-Big 12.
Images from this story
Calgary Stampeders offensive lineman Nila Kasitati
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 18, 2021
- Defensive Back L.J. McCray Stays in Riderville - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Boatmen Sign DB Jeff Richards; Extend DB Crezdon Butler, LB Curtis Akins & OL Jatitus Allen - Toronto Argonauts
- RedBlacks Sign American Trio - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Move the Chains: Conversations About Diversity and Inclusion in Pro Football - B.C. Lions
- Kasitati Remains with Stampeders - Calgary Stampeders
- Riders Sign 2020 First-Round CFL Draft Selection Mattland Riley - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Royce Rolls on with Stampeders - Calgary Stampeders
- RedBlacks Re-Sign Fernandez, Flanders and Saunders - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.