Revolution Re-Sign John Oliveira as Club's eMLS Competitor
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution have re-signed John Oliveira (a.k.a. JKO1707) as the club's official eMLS competitor ahead of the 2020 eMLS season. Oliveira, a local talent hailing from Oak Bluffs, Mass., is poised to compete in his third eMLS campaign, which culminates in eMLS Cup during the second weekend of SXSW (South by Southwest) in Austin, Texas on Saturday, March 21.
Oliveira, 26, joins 25 other players representing Major League Soccer clubs - including three new participants in LAFC, Austin FC, and Nashville SC - in the quest to be crowned the top EA SPORTS FIFA 20 player in North America. A veteran competitive gamer with more than 15 years of FIFA experience, Oliveira competed in each of the last two eMLS Cups, adding to his list of esports achievements that includes a top-eight finish in the 2017 FIFA Interactive World Cup.
The 2020 eMLS campaign commences with eMLS League Series presented by PlayStation, beginning with League Series One on Friday, Jan. 10, 2020 in Philadelphia. League Series Two will then be held in Portland, Ore. on Feb. 15. Both League Series tournaments will be streamed live and provide opportunities to claim trophies and other prizes, while also allowing eMLS players to accumulate points to determine seeding for eMLS Cup.
As eMLS is an Official League Partner of the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series, the eMLS Cup winner will earn 850 Global Series points, supporting their qualification for the Global Series Playoffs and ultimately the FIFA eWorld Cup, where the winner will be crowned the undisputed FIFA 20 World Champion.
All three 2020 eMLS tournaments will be streamed live on MLSsoccer.com, as well as on Twitch and Twitter.
For more information on eMLS, please visit MLSsoccer.com. For up-to-the-minute information on the Revolution, visit the team's official web site at revolutionsoccer.net, or join the conversation and interact with fans on any of the team's social platforms.
TRANSACTION: New England Revolution re-sign John Oliveira (JKO1707) as the club's official eMLS competitor on December 11, 2019.
Name: John Oliveira
Position: New England Revolution eMLS Competitor
eMLS Experience: 3rd Season
Hometown: Oak Bluffs, Mass.
Date of Birth: November 1, 1993 (26 y.o.)
Nationality: United States
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 11, 2019
- BBVA Stadium Installs New High-Definition LED Video Displays from Daktronics - Houston Dynamo
- NWSL Teams, Players Raise over $45,000 for Orlando-Based Non-Profit Libby's Legacy - Orlando City SC
- Inaugural 2019 adidas MLS College Showcase to Scout Top College Prospects December 13-15 in Raleigh, N.C. - MLS
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule for 25th Season in MLS - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Signs First eMLS Player in Club History - Los Angeles FC
- Revolution Re-Sign John Oliveira as Club's eMLS Competitor - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Sacha Kljestan - LA Galaxy
- Impact Opens Training Camp on January 14 in Montreal - Montreal Impact
- Earthquakes Acquire Cristian Espinoza on Permanent Transfer - San Jose Earthquakes
- Atlanta United Signs No. 4 Ranked esports Athlete Paulo Neto - Atlanta United FC
- New York Red Bulls Add George Adamou to eMLS Team - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- New England Revolution Youth Development Update: October 29, 2020
- Revolution Fall, 1-0, to New York Red Bulls
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls
- Revolution and Nashville SC Play to 1-1 Draw
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Nashville SC