BBVA Stadium Installs New High-Definition LED Video Displays from Daktronics
HOUSTON - The Houston Dynamo and Houston Dash partnered with Daktronics, the world's leader in large-scale video display systems, to further enhance the in-stadium guest experience by installing four new high-definition LED displays at BBVA Stadium, the companies announced today.
"Our club's goal of growing the game in Houston requires that we continue to invest in all aspects of our business, both on and off the pitch," said Houston Dynamo President John Walker. "These new video boards will be immediately noticeable to Dynamo and Dash fans and will greatly enhance the experience for all fans at BBVA Stadium for years to come."
The stadium's main video board will measure 34 feet high by 73 feet wide while the two lateral videos will measure 15 feet high by 26 feet wide, all three ultimately doubling in size. The displays will feature HD15 pixel layouts, the leading technology for sporting applications with viewing distances for crisp, clear imagery visible to every seat in the stadium.
"The new video technology at BBVA Stadium is going to be a significant upgrade in both size and resolution," said Dan Fjeldheim, Daktronics sales representative. "The fan experience will be lifted to a whole new level and we are grateful for the opportunity to provide the new displays for the stadium."
America's most international stadium will now be surrounded on the north, east and west sides as well as the exterior marquee by high-resolution LED field boards to integrate immersive, synchronized content throughout Houston Dynamo and Houston Dash home matches, as well as international soccer matches and college football games.
This project is just the latest example of an ongoing effort by the Club's ownership group to improve the game-day experience at BBVA Stadium. Earlier this year, the facility underwent a multi-million dollar renovation to deliver Free Fan WiFi, presented by BBVA, with becoming the first MLS stadium to install the new WiFi 6 technology. The next-generation network offers the Club the ability to revolutionize the game-day experience and fuel stadium operations, including mobile ticketing and the opportunity to implement wireless food and merchandise ordering, as well as potential future innovations such as augmented and virtual reality.
Prior to the 2019 MLS season, the Club installed a new sound system throughout the stadium, including throughout the stadium concourse, and installed large industrial-size fans above the seating bowl to improve fan comfort in Houston's only open-air professional stadium. Ahead of the 2018 season, the Club invested in a number of changes to the stadium's concessions menu, including more local and specialized food offerings.
The removal of the existing video displays will begin tomorrow, Dec. 10, and go through the week. Installation of the new panels is scheduled to begin on Friday, Dec. 13. Fans will be able to enjoy the first-class video displays beginning on Jan. 28 when BBVA Stadium hosts the Concacaf 2020 Olympic Qualifying Tournament.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 11, 2019
- BBVA Stadium Installs New High-Definition LED Video Displays from Daktronics - Houston Dynamo
- NWSL Teams, Players Raise over $45,000 for Orlando-Based Non-Profit Libby's Legacy - Orlando City SC
- Inaugural 2019 adidas MLS College Showcase to Scout Top College Prospects December 13-15 in Raleigh, N.C. - MLS
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule for 25th Season in MLS - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Signs First eMLS Player in Club History - Los Angeles FC
- Revolution Re-Sign John Oliveira as Club's eMLS Competitor - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Sacha Kljestan - LA Galaxy
- Impact Opens Training Camp on January 14 in Montreal - Montreal Impact
- Earthquakes Acquire Cristian Espinoza on Permanent Transfer - San Jose Earthquakes
- Atlanta United Signs No. 4 Ranked esports Athlete Paulo Neto - Atlanta United FC
- New York Red Bulls Add George Adamou to eMLS Team - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- CONCACAF Nations League Suspended, Including Houston Matches
- Houston Dynamo Joins Major League Soccer for 'MLS UNITES' Campaign in Response to COVID-19
- Dynamo Classic Rewind Series to Re-Broadcast Most Memorable Matches in Club History
- Major League Soccer and National Women's Soccer League Extend Training Moratoriums
- Kiki Struna Undergoes Successful Arthroscopic Surgery to Treat Left Knee