RedHawks Game Notes
Oklahoma City RedHawks (44-37) vs. Nashville Sounds (44-38)
Game 82 | July 5, 2010, 7:05 pm CDT | AT&T Bricktown Ballpark | Oklahoma City, OK
News Radio 1000 KTOK, RedHawks Radio Network | Play-by-Play: Jim Byers & Judson Richards
LH Matt Harrison (no record) vs. LH Sam Narron (2-3, 3.64)
TONIGHT: After yesterday's postponement, the RedHawks open a 4-game series and homestand against the Nashville Sounds (Milwaukee Brewers). The RedHawks have been postponed at home on July 4 in consecutive years. The game will be made up in a 5:05 pm (CDT) doubleheader tomorrow. This is the first of two series at The Brick between these teams, which have concluded the regular season series in Nashville with the Sounds winning 5 of 8. OKC leads the American South Division by 2.5 games over Albuquerque and 3.5 over New Orleans. Nashville is second, 1.5 games back of Memphis in the American North.
ROAD STREAK SNAPPED: OKC matched its season high with 4 home runs and scored multiple runs in 4 different innings at Isotopes Parkon Saturday in a 12-5 win, snapping a 5-game road losing streak. Chris Davis, Gregorio Petit, Mitch Moreland and Chad Tracy homered as the RedHawks collected 17 hits, matching their second-highest hit total behind an 18-hit effort April 29 vs. New Orleans. The RedHawks have had sole possession of first place since winning in Memphis April 16. They boosted their division lead over Albuquerque to 2.5 games on Saturday. OKC is 21-20 on the road and 23-17 at home.
HOME RUN HAPPENINGS: Saturday's 4 home runs gave OKC 80 on the season, surpassing the 2009 RedHawks' season total of 77. The 80 homers are evenly split between home and road games. Chris Davis' go-ahead, 2-run shot in the fifth was the team's 20th game-tying or lead-taking home run from the fifth inning or later. OKC is 16-4 when hitting such a homer. The RedHawks have the fifth-highest home run total in the PCL.
ERA TOPS IN LEAGUE: The RedHawks lead the PCL in team ERA at 3.60. Tacoma is second at 3.83. OKC has allowed the fewest home runs in the league (44), 17 fewer than the closest teams, Tacoma and Fresno. OKC is the only club in the league to have not allowed at least a 3-homer game this season, its high being 2 homers surrendered on 5 occasions. The RedHawks have allowed the fewest runs (335) and earned runs (286) and own the best run differential in the league at +83.
PROVIDING MORE: Right fielder Mitch Moreland leads the PCL with 11 outfield assists. He also has a 17-game on-base streak. During the streak, which began with the second game of a doubleheader June 16, Moreland is batting .356 (21-for-59) with 3 homers and 13 RBIs, raising his average from .261 to .282.
NOT LEFT OUT: Hernan Iribarren added his fourth outfield assist of the season on Saturday in his 16th game of the year in left field. Iribarren has made 49 starts at second base.
OKC ALL-STARS: Three RedHawks were named to the original PCL team announced on Thursday for the Triple-A All-Star Game in Allentown, Pa., on July 14. Chris Davis was elected as the starting third baseman through the combined tally of media, field staffs/league GMs and online fan voting. Starter Michael Kirkman, OKC's top winner with a 7-3 record, was selected to the pitching staff. Reliever Pedro Strop was also selected for the pitching staff but has been recalled by Texas and will be replaced on the PCL team.
Date Opponent Oklahoma City Pitcher Opposing Pitcher Radio
Tue.-1 July 6 Nashville RH Tanner Scheppers 1-0, 2.86 RH Marty McLeary 2-6, 10.38 1340 Fox Sports
Tue.-2 July 6 Nashville RH Elizardo Ramirez 4-3, 5.53 LH Chris Waters 5-4, 3.31 1340 Fox Sports
Wed. July 7 Nashville RH Doug Mathis 3-4, 5.09 LH Chuck Lofgren 7-4, 4.91 KTOK AM 1000
Thursday July 8 @ Round Rock RH Guillermo Moscoso 5-2, 3.82 RH Josh Banks 8-6, 2.91 KTOK AM 1000
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 5, 2010
- Beavers Done In by Errors in 7-6 Loss to 51s - Portland Beavers
- Cubs Prevail over Isotopes and Rain Delays, 7-6 - Iowa Cubs
- Koshansky Homers Twice in Nashville's 10-5 Win - Nashville Sounds
- Express Pummel Memphis, 11-6 - Round Rock Express
- Z's Use 5-Run 6th to Down Royals - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Iowa Cubs Postponed Until Tuesday - Iowa Cubs
- Baseball Wives to Visit Zephyr Field - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- River Cats Escape with 7-3 Win Over Aces - Reno Aces
- Aces Outfielder Deeds Named to Pacific Coast League All-Star Team - Reno Aces
- U.S. Honor Flag to Make Stop at the Dell Diamond - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Strike Zone Exposure Camp July 12 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces Set Attendance Record And Fall 10-8 - Reno Aces
- Baxter-Led Beavers Add To The Holiday Festivities With 5-4 Victory - Portland Beavers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark Named Winner Of Ballpark Digest's Best Of The Ballparks Competition
- OKC Dodgers Announce Details Regarding the Cancellation of the 2020 Baseball Sesaon
- Registration Open for OKC Dodgers Rookie League Fall Season
- Statement from the Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OKC Dodgers Hosting Sixth Annual Fan Fest March 28