Aces Outfielder Deeds Named to Pacific Coast League All-Star Team
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Reno Aces outfielder Doug Deeds has been selected to participate in the 2010 Triple-A All-Star Game, taking the roster spot vacated by Jordan Norberto, who was recalled to the Major Leagues on Sunday.
Deeds has been one of Reno's most consistent offensive threats this season, batting primarily out of the leadoff spot. Entering play on Monday, Deeds led all Minor League batters with 29 doubles and ranked sixth among all Triple-A hitters with 38 extra-base hits.
Originally drafted out of Ohio State University by the Minnesota Twins, Deeds is in his first season in the Diamondbacks chain.
Deeds is set to become the second player in Reno Aces franchise history to participate in the Triple-A All-Star Game. Last season, infielder Rusty Ryal suited up for the PCL squad at PGE Park in Portland, Ore. Ryal has spent the entire 2010 season in the Major Leagues.
The 2010 Triple-A All-Star Game pits the Pacific Coast League against the International League, Minor League Baseball's other Triple-A league. The game is scheduled for Wednesday, July 14, at 4:07 p.m. PT at Coca-Cola Park in Allentown, Penn., home of the International League's Lehigh Valley IronPigs.
This year's Triple-A All-Star Game can be seen live on MLB Network or heard locally on Fox Sports Radio 1450 AM.
The Aces are in the midst of a four-game homestand versus the Sacramento River Cats at Aces Ballpark.
Single-game tickets for all games start at just $7, while new mini-plans start at just $84. Fans can get more information on mini-plans, group tickets and half- and full-season ticket plans by calling (775) 334-4700.
The brand-new Freight House District, located just outside Aces Ballpark, is open seven days a week, on both game days and non-game days.
Fans can purchase single-game tickets by calling the Aces Ballpark box office at (775) 334-7000 or by visiting RenoAces.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 5, 2010
- Beavers Done In by Errors in 7-6 Loss to 51s - Portland Beavers
- Cubs Prevail over Isotopes and Rain Delays, 7-6 - Iowa Cubs
- Koshansky Homers Twice in Nashville's 10-5 Win - Nashville Sounds
- Express Pummel Memphis, 11-6 - Round Rock Express
- Z's Use 5-Run 6th to Down Royals - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Iowa Cubs Postponed Until Tuesday - Iowa Cubs
- Baseball Wives to Visit Zephyr Field - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- River Cats Escape with 7-3 Win Over Aces - Reno Aces
- Aces Outfielder Deeds Named to Pacific Coast League All-Star Team - Reno Aces
- U.S. Honor Flag to Make Stop at the Dell Diamond - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Strike Zone Exposure Camp July 12 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces Set Attendance Record And Fall 10-8 - Reno Aces
- Baxter-Led Beavers Add To The Holiday Festivities With 5-4 Victory - Portland Beavers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC Share Support of Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Aces and 1868 FC Corporate Partners Offer Business and Job Opportunities
- 4.9.20 Reno Aces Release City Pride On-Field "BLC" Cap
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Food Bank of Northern Nevada