Red Wings Post-Game Notes
- THE LEAD: The Bulls jumped in front 4-0 in the second inning as Rich Thompson and Jason Bourgeois each delivered two-out, two- run base hits off Wings starter Kyle Gibson... The Red Wings had several chances to tie or take the lead late in the ball game but went just 2-for-15 with runners in scoring position and left 12 men on base.
- Antoan Richardson, the Wings lead off hitter, went 3-for-4 with a walk and 2 runs scored... He has now reached base safely in 25 con- secutive games between New Britain (AA) and Rochester... In his first 2 games with the Wings, Richardson is 4-for-8 with a pair of walks.
- Richardson and Ray Olmedo, the 1-2 hitters in the Red Wings order, were on base a combined 8 times and scored all 4 of the Wings runs on Tuesday... Olmedo finished 2-for-4 with a walk and reached on an error.
- Chris Colabello extended his hit streak to 6 games going 2-for-5 with a pair of infield singles... Colabello is hitting .409 (9-for-22) over the streak and now has 7 multi-hit efforts in his last 14 games... The Wings first baseman has now hit in 15 of his last 16 games and has recorded a hit in 31 of the Wings 39 games this season (79%).
- Eric Farris pinch-hit for Brian Dinkelman in the 7th inning and struck out with the bases loaded; however he would extend his hitting streak to 8 games with a two-out double in the 9th inning... The double was also the first extra-base hit of the night for the Wings ex- tending their streak of recording at least one extra-base hit to 23 games.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 14, 2013
- Bats Win Back-And-Forth Battle with Charlotte - Louisville Bats
- Soriano, Chiefs Walk off in 14 - Syracuse Chiefs
- Red Wings Post-Game Notes - Rochester Red Wings
- Indians Blast Buffalo 10-4 - Indianapolis Indians
- PawSox Top Gwinnet 5-3 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Exposito, Big Eighth Propel Tides over Lehigh Valley - Norfolk Tides
- Mud Hens Rout Railriders, 10-2 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Hens Outslug RailRiders, 10-2, for Second Straight Win - Toledo Mud Hens
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Indianapolis (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Orioles Place LHP Wei-Yin Chen on 15-Day Disabled List - Norfolk Tides
- Victory Field's 10 Millionth Fan Contest Launched - Indianapolis Indians
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Rochester Red Wings
- Gwinnett Braves Host "Will to Win Night" on May 18 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Louisville Offense Starting to Take Flight - Louisville Bats
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Cole De Vries Set to Make Rehab Start with Red Wings on Wednesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Columbus Prevails over Rochester 7-5 - Columbus Clippers
- Hamilton Runs Wild, Bullpen Falters - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Red Wings Stories
- Red Wings Announce Plans to Expand Fan Safety Netting
- Rochester Summer Soul Music Fest August 25-26
- DSO Returns to Frontier Field on August 3
- Red Wings Partner with Turnbull Heating and Air for 7th Inning Military Salute
- Red Wings Annual Star Wars Night Set for May 4