Hens Outslug RailRiders, 10-2, for Second Straight Win
The Hens outslugged Scranton/Wilkes-Barre with five extra base hits on Tuesday night to defeat the RailRiders, 10-2, at Fifth Third Field for their second straight victory!
The Mud Hens managed two hits off a rehabbing Joba Chamberlain, but could not push across a run in the first. They made up for it in the second after Chamberlain was pulled when Ben Guez led off the inning with a double. Quintin Berry later scored Guez with a deep sac fly to give the Hens an early 1-0 advantage.
Guez scored again in the fourth, this time on his own watch after he blasted a two-run homer to give the Hens a 3-0 lead. Later in the inning, Brandon Douglas connected for his first home run of the year to extend the lead to four.
Danny Dorn was the bigger culprit in the RailRiders' demise, knocking in four runs between a two-run double, an RBI triple, and an RBI sac fly during an eighth-inning rally to lead the Hens to victory.
Lefty Jose Alvarez was stellar once again for Toledo, tossing six innings of two-run ball to go along with seven strikeouts for his third victory of the year.
The Mud Hens will go for three-in-a-row for the first time this season tomorrow morning in a special Kid's Day game starting at 10:30 a.m. at Fifth Third Field.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 14, 2013
- Bats Win Back-And-Forth Battle with Charlotte - Louisville Bats
- Soriano, Chiefs Walk off in 14 - Syracuse Chiefs
- Red Wings Post-Game Notes - Rochester Red Wings
- Indians Blast Buffalo 10-4 - Indianapolis Indians
- PawSox Top Gwinnet 5-3 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Exposito, Big Eighth Propel Tides over Lehigh Valley - Norfolk Tides
- Mud Hens Rout Railriders, 10-2 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Hens Outslug RailRiders, 10-2, for Second Straight Win - Toledo Mud Hens
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Indianapolis (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Orioles Place LHP Wei-Yin Chen on 15-Day Disabled List - Norfolk Tides
- Victory Field's 10 Millionth Fan Contest Launched - Indianapolis Indians
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Rochester Red Wings
- Gwinnett Braves Host "Will to Win Night" on May 18 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Louisville Offense Starting to Take Flight - Louisville Bats
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Cole De Vries Set to Make Rehab Start with Red Wings on Wednesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Columbus Prevails over Rochester 7-5 - Columbus Clippers
- Hamilton Runs Wild, Bullpen Falters - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.