Columbus Prevails over Rochester 7-5
A balanced offensive attack paced by Omir Santos' 3 RBI led to a 7-5 Clippers win over Rochester at Frontier Field.
Columbus opened the scoring with an RBI sacrifice fly by Matt Lawson in the top of the second. The Red Wings then put together back-to-back scoring frames with Ray Olmedo RBI single in the bottom of the third and a Jeff Clement solo homer in the bottom of the fourth.
Clippers catcher Omir Santos tied the game at 2-2 with an RBI single in the top of the fifth. The Clippers then retook the lead in the top of the sixth when Jeremy Hermida scored on a Shairon Martis wild pitch. Santos once again came through for his team, driving home two more runs with a single during the inning. It added up to a 5-2 lead for the Clippers.
Matt Carson would add to the Columbus advantage with an RBI double in the top of the seventh. Rochester's Eric Farris drove home a run with an RBI single in the bottom of the seventh. Clippers third baseman Ryan Rohlinger would also contribute with an RBI single in the top of the eighth.
Despite a two run single by Brian Dinkleman in the bottom of the ninth, Columbus would hold on for a 7-5 win, earning a series win in the process. The lefty T.J. House (W, 1-2) took home the win for Columbus. Shairon Martis (L, 1-2) was hit with the loss for Rochester. Preston Guilmet (S, 12) nailed down the save for the Clippers.
The Clippers will continue their road tour of upstate New York as they begin a four game series with the Syracuse Chiefs on Tuesday night. The Chiefs will send righty Ross Ohlendorf (3-4, 4.57) to the mound. The starter for Columbus has yet to be determined. First pitch is scheduled for 7:00 PM.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 14, 2013
- Bats Win Back-And-Forth Battle with Charlotte - Louisville Bats
- Soriano, Chiefs Walk off in 14 - Syracuse Chiefs
- Red Wings Post-Game Notes - Rochester Red Wings
- Indians Blast Buffalo 10-4 - Indianapolis Indians
- PawSox Top Gwinnet 5-3 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Exposito, Big Eighth Propel Tides over Lehigh Valley - Norfolk Tides
- Mud Hens Rout Railriders, 10-2 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Hens Outslug RailRiders, 10-2, for Second Straight Win - Toledo Mud Hens
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Indianapolis (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Orioles Place LHP Wei-Yin Chen on 15-Day Disabled List - Norfolk Tides
- Victory Field's 10 Millionth Fan Contest Launched - Indianapolis Indians
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Rochester Red Wings
- Gwinnett Braves Host "Will to Win Night" on May 18 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Louisville Offense Starting to Take Flight - Louisville Bats
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Cole De Vries Set to Make Rehab Start with Red Wings on Wednesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Columbus Prevails over Rochester 7-5 - Columbus Clippers
- Hamilton Runs Wild, Bullpen Falters - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Clippers Stories
- Clippers Release 2018 Promotional Schedule
- Clippers President & GM Ken Schnacke Inducted into IL Hall of Fame
- COLUMBUS CLIPPERS ANNOUNCE 2018 FIELD STAFF
- GildanÂ® extends Triple-A Baseball national sponsorship to celebrate the 2018 All-Star Game and the
- Player Development Contract