Red Claws to Hold "Autism Awareness Night"
PORTLAND, Maine - The Maine Red Claws, presented by Unum, announced today that the team will partner with the Volk Packaging Corporation to take action in a special Autism Awareness Night on Saturday, February 9 during the team's home game against Raptors 905.
The Red Claws will represent Autism Awareness Night by wearing specialty "puzzle piece" themed jerseys on the court. In addition, the entire night will include a sensory reduced environment at the Portland Expo in an effort to support fans with Autism - public address volume will be reduced, and flashing lights and other typical game presentation elements will be limited. There will be a "quiet room" open to all patrons. Proceeds from the night's 50/50 raffle will benefit Spurwink Services.
"We are thrilled to hold Autism Awareness Night," said Dajuan Eubanks, team president. "Combining the themed jersey night with a reduced sensory game presentation to support people with Autism is an unprecedented event for us. We are taking our theme night experience to a new level, all for a very good cause."
"Volk Packaging is excited to be the sponsor for the Red Claws' Autism Awareness game," said Derek Volk, President of Volk Packaging Corporation. "Autism has significantly impacted our family so we are honored for the opportunity to continue to spread awareness, as well as offer a fun Autism-friendly night for other families."
Doors will open for Autism Awareness Night at 6 p.m. with a tip-off slated for 7 p.m. Tickets can be purchased by visiting https://groupmatics.events/AutismNight or call 207-210-6655 for more information.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 31, 2019
- Westchester and Grand Rapids Square off Friday - Westchester Knicks
- Austin Spurs to Host Annual Black History Game - Austin Spurs
- Washington Wizards Sign John Jenkins to 10-Day Contract - Westchester Knicks
- Skyforce Acquires Kyle Washington - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Chealey Transferred to Greensboro - Greensboro Swarm
- Red Claws to Hold "Autism Awareness Night" - Maine Red Claws
- Erie BayHawks Add Jaylen Morris - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Assign Dwayne Bacon to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Cavaliers Recall Kobi Simmons from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Trent Jr. Posts Another Career Night as Long Island Nets a Win - Texas Legends
- Clips Can't Overcome Magical Third, Fall to Lakeland - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.