Hornets Assign Dwayne Bacon to Greensboro Swarm
Charlotte Hornets General Manager Mitch Kupchak announced today that the team has assigned Dwayne Bacon to the Greensboro Swarm, the team's NBA G League affiliate.
In his second season in Charlotte, Bacon holds season averages of 4.6 points, 1.6 rebounds and 0.7 assists in 10.7 minutes per game over the course of 24 appearances with the Hornets. The assignment to the Swarm marks the ninth assignment of the 2018-19 G League season for Bacon. In his most recent appearance in Greensboro, the second-year forward tallied 20 points and grabbed nine rebounds in 28 minutes of play against the Canton Charge on Jan. 21, 2019. He has appeared in eight games for the Swarm, averaging 20.8 points, 7.6 rebounds and 2.6 assists in 32.6 minutes per game.
Bacon will rejoin the Swarm prior to the team's road game against the Maine Red Claws on Friday, Feb. 1, 2019 at 7:00pm ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 31, 2019
- Westchester and Grand Rapids Square off Friday - Westchester Knicks
- Austin Spurs to Host Annual Black History Game - Austin Spurs
- Washington Wizards Sign John Jenkins to 10-Day Contract - Westchester Knicks
- Skyforce Acquires Kyle Washington - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Chealey Transferred to Greensboro - Greensboro Swarm
- Red Claws to Hold "Autism Awareness Night" - Maine Red Claws
- Erie BayHawks Add Jaylen Morris - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Assign Dwayne Bacon to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Cavaliers Recall Kobi Simmons from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Trent Jr. Posts Another Career Night as Long Island Nets a Win - Texas Legends
- Clips Can't Overcome Magical Third, Fall to Lakeland - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.