Red Claws Sweep Mad Ants
FORT WAYNE, IN - The Maine Red Claws defeated the Fort Wayne Mad Ants for the second night in a row by a score of 109-97 in front of 3,950 people at the Memorial Coliseum.
The Red Claws shot 55% from the floor compared to the Mad Ants 32% in the first period to give them a 27-20 lead after the first twelve minutes of play. They continued to shoot the ball well in the second and led 54-48 going into the locker rooms at the half. Morris Almond had 13 first half points for the Red Claws.
The Red Claws remained in control of the game in the second half. Almond score 13 third quarter points to give Maine an 81-72 advantage going into the fourth. The Mad Ants had no answers to the Red Claws offense as Maine extended their lead to 19 points half way through the final period. The Mad Ants made a late fourth quarter run but came up just short.
Almond led all scorers with 26 points for the Red Claws. Kenny Hayes added 20 points and 8 assists and Lawrence Hill finished with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
Darnell Lazare paced the Mad Ants with 20 points. Mike Tisdale contributed 12 points and 10 boards and Travis Walton added 12 points and 9 assists.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 3, 2012
- Stampede Roll Past Rio Grande Valley - Idaho Stampede
- Energy Go Wire-to-Wire to Beat Wizards 125-114 - Iowa Wolves
- Armor Sweep Skyforce - Springfield Armor
- Red Claws Sweep Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Mike James Returns to BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- D-Fenders Acquire Rafer Alston - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Morris to Re-Join Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- NBA D-League Update - G League
- Houston Rockets Re-Assign Morris to NBA D-League Affiliate Rio Grande Valley - G League
- Jam Stumble Against Erie - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.