Red Bulls Host Day of Remembrance Saturday at Red Bull Arena on the 20th Anniversary Commemoration of 9/11
Harrison, NJ - The New York Red Bulls will host a day of remembrance of the tragic events of 9/11 this Saturday, September 11 when the Red Bulls host D.C. United at Red Bull Arena at 7:00 p.m. For the ninth consecutive year, the club has once again launched their "11 Days of Service" month-long community initiative.
"As our nation gets closer to the 20th anniversary commemoration of the September 11 terrorist attacks, the New York Red Bulls organization will honor the victims as well as the heroes that participated in the first response efforts," said Marc de Grandpré, General Manager, New York Red Bulls. "This Saturday evening, and throughout the month of September with our annual 11 Days of Service, our club will pay tribute to those impacted by the events of that tragic day."
Saturday, September 11 at Red Bull Arena
To commemorate the day, the Red Bulls will present the following initiatives and activations, working closely with Answer The Call, an organization that provides financial assistance and support to the families of New York City Police and firefighters who have been killed in the line of duty.
Auction of match-worn & signed Special Edition 20th Anniversary Remembrance 9/11 New York Red Bulls Dark Mode Kits & Captains Armband, with all proceeds supporting Answer the Call.
Custom Commemorative T-shirts will be sold in the BULLshop at Red Bull Arena, with 100% of all profits supporting Answer the Call.
Large American flag to be displayed on the pitch
:20 second moment of silence pre-match
Red Bulls & D.C. United will both wear the MLS 20th Remembrance Patch
Recognition of the New York Police Department Soccer Team
Red Bulls Goalkeeper Ryan Meara, club great Steve Jolley and members of Answer The Call made a visit to 9/11 Memorial and Museum in New York City
Exclusive content created for Red Bulls digital platforms featuring goalkeeper Ryan Meara and Answer the Call Executive Director, Lauren Profeta
11 Days of Service
The Red Bulls created 11 Days of Service to run in conjunction with September 11 - the national day of service and remembrance. Rather than just participate in one day of service, Red Bulls players, coaches, front office staff and partners will participate in several different community activations as a tribute to the victims and survivors from the attacks of September 11, 2001.
The club kicked off "11 Days of Service" at the beginning of the month with the Ronald McDonald House, where they presented a Breakfast With Heroes and donate meals to 60 families.
The following are the events of the "11 Days of Service" program happening throughout the remainder of September:
Today, September 9 - Kick Childhood Cancer, Hackensack Meridian Health
Red Bulls players will package Kick Childhood Cancer pajamas and include a personalized note card with encouraging words. These pajamas will be donated to Hackensack Meridian Health at Joseph M. Sanzari Children's Hospital & K. Hovnanian Children's Hospital in partnership with Speedway Stores.
September 10 - Harrison, NJ Fire and Police Departments
Volunteers will be serving lunch to the Harrison Fire Department and Police Department.
September 14 - Community FoodBank, Hillside, NJ
Volunteers will take part in food sorting, assembling meals.
September 17 - West Side High School Boys Soccer Team
Volunteers will serve BBQ lunch to the West Side High School (Newark, NJ) boys soccer team and their families.
September 20 - Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter
Volunteers will take part in a painting project to help beautify the shelter
September 21 - Audi "GOOOOALS To Give Back" with Jersey Cares & Audi
Volunteers from the Red Bulls and Audi will be planting the trees in Morris County, NJ as part of the Audi "GOOOOALS to Give Back" program. Every goal we score this season, Audi and the Red Bulls will donate four trees to a community in need.
September 23 - Partnerships for Parks in NYC
Volunteers will help brighten and maintain the large park with fence painting projects.
September 24 - Nourish.NJ
Volunteers will assemble bags with needed items for their local community. Nourish.NJ creates lasting solutions to the problems of hunger, homelessness and poverty.
September 29 - Branch Brook Park with Jersey Cares & Covanta
Volunteers from the Red Bulls and Covanta will help with landscaping, planting, bench refurbishment and trail maintenance in Newark, NJ.
September 30 - Together We Rise with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ
Volunteers from both the Red Bulls and Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ will assemble Birthday, Superhero and STEM boxes to be donated to a local Newark foster care center.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 9, 2021
- Sounders FC and Orlegi Sports Announce Strategic Alliance - Seattle Sounders FC
- Preview: Rapids Look to Top Western Conference Table against Visiting LA Galaxy - Colorado Rapids
- Red Bulls Host Day of Remembrance Saturday at Red Bull Arena on the 20th Anniversary Commemoration of 9/11 - New York Red Bulls
- Banc of California Stadium to Host Chivas de Guadalajara and C.D. Fas on October 9 - Los Angeles FC
- Orlando City SC Loans David Loera to Phoenix Rising FC - Orlando City SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- The Montreal Impact Foundation Inaugurates Third Multisport Field at Parc Paul-André-Potvin - Club de Foot Montreal
- FC Dallas Defender Johnny Nelson Undergoes Successful Surgery - FC Dallas
- Hometown Farewell: NJ/NY Gotham FC to Play at Philadelphia Union's Subaru Park to Celebrate Carli Lloyd - Philadelphia Union
- Kickoff Time Changed for Chivas vs. Club Leon at PayPal Park - San Jose Earthquakes
- MLS Announces Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs Schedule - Inter Miami CF
- Austin FC Sign Midfielder Owen Wolff as First Homegrown Player in Club History - Austin FC
- FC Cincinnati Match Preview vs Toronto FC - FC Cincinnati
- Thanksgiving Day Match on FOX and Four ABC Broadcasts Highlight MLS Postseason Schedule - MLS
- MLS and Clubs to Commemorate 20 Years Since 9/11 with Acts of Service and Moments of Remembrance - Colorado Rapids
- Whitecaps FC Loan Homegrown Goalkeeper Isaac Boehmer to Pacific FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Timbers Midfielder Eryk Williamson Undergoes Successful ACL Surgery - Portland Timbers
- Minnesota United Signs New Contract for Defender Michael Boxall - Minnesota United FC
- Inter Miami CF Hires Meghan Cameron as Director of Player Personnel and Compliance - Inter Miami CF
- Orlando City Travels to Face Atlanta United FC on Friday - Orlando City SC
- MLS and Clubs to Commemorate 20 Years Since 9/11 with Acts of Service and Moments of Remembrance - MLS
- New York Red Bulls Transfer Amro Tarek to El Gouna FC - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Announce 2022 MLS Home Opener
- Red Bulls Fall 1-0 to Philadelphia in Round One of 2021 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- New York Head to Philadelphia for Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Matchup
- New York Red Bulls - Philadelphia Union Match Picked up Regionally by MSG Networks
- New York Red Bulls Announce New Jersey Institute of Technology as Official Partner