#RapidsJersey Unveiling to Take Place February 26
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (Monday, February 11, 2013) - The Colorado Rapids today announced details of the launch events for the club's new primary and alternate uniforms that will be worn during the 2013 season. As part of Major League Soccer's "Jersey Week," the new Rapids jerseys will caravan to Colorado landmarks on Feb. 25-26, visiting locations such as Breckenridge Ski Resort, Red Rocks Amphitheater, Elk Meadow/Bergen Peak, the Brown Palace, Confluence Park, and culminating in a public party at Lodo's Bar & Grill in downtown Denver where the players will don the new jerseys for the first time.
The "Jersey Week" concept was launched by Major League Soccer as an annual platform in which MLS teams will celebrate the art and nuance behind their club's jersey and the passion that supporters have for their club, focusing on the details that went into the collaborative process with adidas, MLS' exclusive uniform supplier. Jersey Week 2013 will take place Feb. 25-28 with a national launch event in New York on Feb. 25. The Rapids are one of 12 MLS clubs that will unveil at least one new jersey for 2013. Starting in 2014, all 19 MLS clubs will unveil at least one new jersey (home, away or third kit) every single year.
The Colorado Rapids had previously announced that the primary uniform for 2013 would be burgundy in color and feature the names of the club's season tickets holders (as of March 2012) embedded in the fabric of the jersey. Season Ticket Holders received a sneak peak at the uniform last fall. Fans that placed presale orders for the primary jersey will receive them prior to the official public unveiling. The alternate jersey will be unveiled on Feb. 26 at the public party at Lodo's.
Leading into the jersey unveiling and 2013 season, fans can stay informed on the club's grassroots events by visiting www.ColoradoRapids.com/MarchToSoccer.
To join and follow the conversation on the Colorado Rapids new jerseys, including the unveiling, fans are encouraged to use the hashtag #RapidsJersey on social media. To stay connected to the full slate of jersey unveilings around MLS, use and follow #JerseyWeek.
Feb. 25 - Exclusive VIP Event at The Brown Palace (private)
Feb. 26 - (open to the public)
- 8:00 a.m.: Breckenridge Ski Resort
- 10:30 a.m.: Evergreen (Elk Meadow / Bergen Peak)
- 2:00 p.m.: Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- 4:00 p.m.: Confluence Park (downtown Denver)
- 6:00 p.m.: Lodo's Bar & Grill Public Party (downtown Denver)
The Rapids continue their preseason schedule with the Las Vegas ProSoccer Challenge against Chivas USA on February 15, and open the regular season on March 2 in Dallas before hosting their home opener on March 9 against the Philadelphia Union. To purchase season tickets for the Rapids' 2013 campaign, visit www.ColoradoRapids.com or call 303-825-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 11, 2013
- Chivas USA Set to Face L.A. Blues in Fifth Preseason Match - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- #RapidsJersey Unveiling to Take Place February 26 - Colorado Rapids
- Bright Dike Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Portland Timbers
- Weekly Update - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- D.C. United Announces Promotional Schedule for 2013 Season - D.C. United
- San Jose Earthquakes, Visa to Celebrate 2012 Supporters' Shield Title on Opening Night - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Conclude Preseason with Carolina Challenge Cup - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Revs Sign Forward Chad Barrett, Defender Bilal Duckett - New England Revolution
- Sounders FC Announces Preseason Friendly - Seattle Sounders FC
- Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band to Visit FC Dallas Stadium on May 4 - FC Dallas
- Red Bulls Acquire Midfielder Eric Alexander - New York Red Bulls
- Timbers Acquire Allocation Money from New York in Exchange for Midfielder Eric Alexander - Portland Timbers
- Major League Soccer Unveils "Jersey Week" - MLS
- Revs Youth Players Make College - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Red Bulls Name Rafael GonzÃ¡lez Goalkeeper Coach - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Colorado Rapids Sign Striker Yannick Boli
- Rapids Defender Kortne Ford out 8-10 Weeks with Sprained MCL
- Colorado Rapids Sign 2018 MLS SuperDraft Selection Niki Jackson
- Colorado Rapids Acquire Striker Joe Mason on Loan from Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.
- Colorado Rapids Acquire Midfielder Enzo Martinez from USL-Affiliate Charlotte Independence