Revs Youth Players Make College
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - Six members of the New England Revolution Under-18 team have announced their commitments to college soccer programs, which they'll join this summer ahead of the fall 2013 semester.
The six players who have already announced their commitments are:
Willis Griffith (Amherst, N.H.) "" Villanova University
Ryan Kingsley (North Attleboro, Mass.) "" College of the Holy Cross
Coupar Lipp (Shrewsbury, Mass.) "" Saint Joseph's University
Dominik Machado (Attleboro, Mass.) "" Providence College
Matt Mozynski (Bellingham, Mass.) "" Campbell University
Will Szostkiewicz (Longmeadow, Mass.) "" University of New Hampshire
"We're pleased that six of our players have already finalized their plans to continue both their soccer careers and education in the fall," said Revolution Director of Youth Development and Under-16 Head Coach Bryan Scales.
"The Revolution Academy's focus is developing not only excellent soccer players, but also intelligent, well-rounded young men. Many of these players have been pillars in our program for the last few years, and we're very pleased they've earned spots on not only excellent collegiate programs, but "" more importantly "" in excellent universities," Scales continued.
Additional U18 players are expected to finalize their collegiate commitments in the coming months.
Outside of regular training, both the U18s and U16s have a break from competition until early March, when the Revs will resume their fifth season in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy. Kicking off a series of local matches, the U18s and U16s will play FC Westchester, while the U14s will take on Oakwood SC, at Gillette Stadium on Saturday, March 2.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 11, 2013
- Chivas USA Set to Face L.A. Blues in Fifth Preseason Match - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- #RapidsJersey Unveiling to Take Place February 26 - Colorado Rapids
- Bright Dike Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Portland Timbers
- Weekly Update - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- D.C. United Announces Promotional Schedule for 2013 Season - D.C. United
- San Jose Earthquakes, Visa to Celebrate 2012 Supporters' Shield Title on Opening Night - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Conclude Preseason with Carolina Challenge Cup - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Revs Sign Forward Chad Barrett, Defender Bilal Duckett - New England Revolution
- Sounders FC Announces Preseason Friendly - Seattle Sounders FC
- Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band to Visit FC Dallas Stadium on May 4 - FC Dallas
- Red Bulls Acquire Midfielder Eric Alexander - New York Red Bulls
- Timbers Acquire Allocation Money from New York in Exchange for Midfielder Eric Alexander - Portland Timbers
- Major League Soccer Unveils "Jersey Week" - MLS
- Revs Youth Players Make College - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Red Bulls Name Rafael GonzÃ¡lez Goalkeeper Coach - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.