Bright Dike Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Timbers today announced that forward Bright Dike underwent successful surgery of his left knee to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and medial collateral ligament (MCL) in addition to undergoing a successful lateral meniscectomy. The procedures were performed by Timbers Director of Medicine Dr. Richard Edelson at Sports Medicine Oregon in Tigard, Ore.
Dike is expected to be out for at least six months. He sustained the injury in the Timbers' preseason match against Seattle Sounders FC on Feb. 5.
Dike, 26, was one of the Timbers' leading scorers in 2012, recording five goals in 12 games over the final half of the campaign. Additionally, he tallied five goals in five appearances with the Timbers Reserves last season. Dike, who has family ties to Nigeria, recently earned his first two caps with the Nigeria National Team, scoring his first international goal in a friendly against the Catalonia National Team on Jan. 2.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 11, 2013
- Chivas USA Set to Face L.A. Blues in Fifth Preseason Match - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- #RapidsJersey Unveiling to Take Place February 26 - Colorado Rapids
- Bright Dike Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Portland Timbers
- Weekly Update - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- D.C. United Announces Promotional Schedule for 2013 Season - D.C. United
- San Jose Earthquakes, Visa to Celebrate 2012 Supporters' Shield Title on Opening Night - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Conclude Preseason with Carolina Challenge Cup - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Revs Sign Forward Chad Barrett, Defender Bilal Duckett - New England Revolution
- Sounders FC Announces Preseason Friendly - Seattle Sounders FC
- Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band to Visit FC Dallas Stadium on May 4 - FC Dallas
- Red Bulls Acquire Midfielder Eric Alexander - New York Red Bulls
- Timbers Acquire Allocation Money from New York in Exchange for Midfielder Eric Alexander - Portland Timbers
- Major League Soccer Unveils "Jersey Week" - MLS
- Revs Youth Players Make College - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Red Bulls Name Rafael GonzÃ¡lez Goalkeeper Coach - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Midfielders Andy Polo, David Guzman Called up for Intern Ational Matches
- Timbers Fall 4-0 to New York Red Bulls at Red Bull Arena
- Timbers Weekly Update
- Timbers Fall to La Galaxy 2-1 at Stubhub Center
- Timbers Acquire $100,000 General Allocation Money, 2019 International Spot from D.C. United