Rapids Acquire Allocation Money From New York Red Bulls
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (Monday, June 29, 2009) - The Colorado Rapids announced today the club acquired allocation money from the New York Red Bulls. In exchange, New York receives the MLS rights to goalkeeper Bouna Coundoul.
Coundoul played in 52 matches for the Rapids from 2005 to 2008 and registered 189 saves and posted a 1.16 goals against average finishing his career in Colorado with a 17-22-12 record.
Colorado Rapids - Acquire allocation money from New York Red Bulls in exchange for MLS rights to goalkeeper Bouna Coundoul.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 29, 2009
- Kansas City Wizards Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Chivas USA's U.S. Open Cup match at Charleston Battery to be streamed live tomorrow - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Fire Weekly Notes for June 29 - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Forward Jaqua Named Player of the Week - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes to Participate in US Soccer Federation's Passback Program for Matches on July 11 and 25 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Bulls Sign Goalkeeper Coundoul - New York Red Bulls
- Rapids Acquire Allocation Money From New York Red Bulls - Colorado Rapids
- New England Revolution vs. Harrisburg City Islanders - New England Revolution
- One Week Remains in Online Fan Voting for 2009 MLS All-Star Game - Real Salt Lake
- D.C. United releases Anthony Peters - D.C. United
- Bulls Weekly Update - New York Red Bulls
- Revolution Begin U.S. Open Cup Play Tuesday - New England Revolution
- Individual tickets to Revolution-Galaxy game on sale now - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Colorado Rapids Announce Switchbacks FC as New USL Affiliate
- Colorado Rapids Conclude Four-Year Affiliation with Charlotte Independence
- Statement from Colorado Rapids Owner E. Stanley Kroenke on the Passing of Paul Allen
- Colorado Rapids Recall Five Players from USL Loan
- Colorado Rapids Recall Goalkeeper Andrew Dykstra from Charlotte Independence