Rapids Academy Product Adam Beaudry Called up to U.S. U-17 Men's Youth National Team
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. - Rapids Academy product Adam Beaudry has been called up to the U.S. U-17 Men's Youth National Team for the upcoming training camp in Sorocaba, Brazil from Sept. 29 - Oct. 8. The camp will include two matches against Brazil on Oct. 4 and Oct. 6 as part of the USA's final preparations before the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Indonesia.
Beaudry is one of nine players to return to head coach Gonzalo Segares' side from the USA's successful World Cup qualifying campaign earlier this year. During his time at the Concacaf U-17 Championship, Beaudry helped his team to a spot in the final where the U.S. fell short to Mexico in a 3-1 loss. The Rapids 2 goalkeeper made three starts for the U-17s during the tournament and recorded two clean sheets and three wins for his side.
Most recently, Beaudry traveled to the Czech Republic to train and compete with the U.S. from Sept. 1-11 in the Vaclav Jezek Tournament. Beaudry made two starts over the course of the tournament, playing in the team's matches versus Ukraine (3-2 win) and Czech Republic (0-2 loss).
The U.S. has qualified to a record 18 FIFA U-17 World Cups. The team kicks off this year's tournament against Korea Republic on Sunday, Nov. 12, and will also face Burkina Faso and France in Group E play.
Beaudry is entering his second year with the Rapids organization after a successful youth career with Real Colorado. After spending a season with the Rapids Academy's U-17 team, Beaudry earned the opportunity to make his professional debut with Rapids 2 on April 30, 2023, in the team's match against North Texas SC. Since then, Beaudry has appeared in 16 matches (16 starts) and has maintained three clean sheets to help his team to a No. 1 overall seed in MLS NEXT Pro. His performances over the course of the 2023 season have earned Beaudry an MLS NEXT Pro Goalkeeper of the Month award for both May and July, a Rising Star of Matchday award for Matchday 16 and being named as a finalist for this year's MLS NEXT Pro Goalkeeper of the Year.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 28, 2023
- By the Numbers: FC Cincinnati at Toronto FC - FC Cincinnati
- Portland Timbers Goalkeeper Aljaz Ivacic Suspended - MLS
- Abdoulaye Cissoko Named to 2023 MLS NEXT Pro Best XI - Seattle Sounders FC
- Rapids Academy Product Adam Beaudry Called up to U.S. U-17 Men's Youth National Team - Colorado Rapids
- MATCH Preview: Inter Miami CF to Host New York City FC this Saturday - Inter Miami CF
- MATCH Preview: Nashville SC Returns to GEODIS Park for One More Western Conference Clash - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Surpasses 24,000 STMs, Launches 'Next Act' Waitlist - Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF to Host Hispanic Heritage Night Presented by Espolòn Tequila on September 30 - Inter Miami CF
- New England Revolution Host Fight Childhood Cancer Night at Gillette Stadium - New England Revolution
- Exploiting Tactical Shift: Ingredients of the Match - Charlotte FC
- Real Salt Lake Extends Homegrown Defender Justen Glad Through 2027 Season - Real Salt Lake
- Expected Goals: Upcoming Milestones for Matchday 35 - MLS
- New Soccer Mini-Pitches to be Unveiled on Tuesday - Sporting Kansas City
- New York Red Bulls Sign Colombian Defender Andrés Reyes to New MLS Contract - New York Red Bulls
- Whitecaps FC to Observe National Day for Truth and Reconciliation - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Tigres UANL Wins 2023 Campeones Cup - MLS
- LAFC Falls to Tigres on Penalty Kicks on Campeones Cup - Los Angeles FC
- Rubio Reaches New Record as Rapids and Vancouver Play to a 2-2 Draw at DSGP - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- "Going to Give 100% Every Single Day": Chris Armas Is Ready to Deliver for the Rapids
- Colorado Rapids Announce Year-End Roster Updates
- Colorado Rapids Appoint Chris Armas as Head Coach
- Patience and Self-Belief Drive Cole Bassett Closer to Achieving Olympic Dream with Call up to November Training Camp
- Rapids Academy Players Miguel Alvarado and Owen Malick Called into U.S. U-16 Men's Youth National Team for Domestic Training Camp